Higher capacity battery for milestone

bryant_16

Reaction score
Is there any higher capacity battery for milestone? Maybe something like seidio? Any recommendations?

Sent from my Milestone

ohymeagain

Reaction score
I bought a battery advertised as 1600mAH for mine, but it doesn't have any capacity marked on the packaging or on the battery. If it's better it sure isn't by much in my opinion. I just keep it for a spare.

OP
B

bryant_16

Reaction score
I see. From what website you bought the battery from?

Szadzik

Reaction score
These cheap eBay batteries are useless, do not bother buying them.

If you want to buy one, buy from an online trusted retailer, search to find something.

Seidio will definitely be a good choice.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Seidio has customer service issues as reported by many members, just a warning.

damarious25

Reaction score
got my Seidio Innocell Extended Life 2800 mAH Battery - Motorola Milestone about a week ago.

wasn't using it properly... give me 2 or 3 days and I'll have a review for you.

Phlack

Reaction score
I got the 2800 Seidio extended battery and case combo. It works awesome. I'm still breaking in the battery, but still no complaints.

Szadzik

Reaction score
I got the 2800 Seidio extended battery and case combo. It works awesome. I'm still breaking in the battery, but still no complaints.

No need to break-in Li-Ion batteries. Use and charge as you please. Do a full discharge and recharge once in a while to make sure battery sensor in the phone reads the battery state correctly.

OP
B

bryant_16

Reaction score
Hi guys, any reviews on the extended battery from seidio?

damarious25

Reaction score
Do a full discharge and recharge once in a while to make sure battery sensor in the phone reads the battery state correctly.

Actually, that's the problem. See, android doesn't properly sense the actual life of the battery and gives incorrect readings of how much juice is left. When I first got the battery it was discharging after about 5 hours. I was really mad. To fix this though all you need to do is reboot your phone. After a reboot the battery shows about 80 to 100% again.
the battery is great and has been lasting me 2 full days with medium use and leaving it on over night. But... because you cant trust the battery meter and you always have to reset your phone, I give it a 2/5 *'s (cause you never know if the phone is actually dead, or just needs another reboot). Its an amazing product and not seidio's fault the battery meter doesn't pick up the "battery on steroids" in its holster. If there's no fix with froyo I'm gonna return and just carry around an extra battery.

ClausG76

Reaction score
Would it be possible for a coder to make an app, where you change the phone setup to calculate at a custom mAH setting

Szadzik

Reaction score
Actually, that's the problem. See, android doesn't properly sense the actual life of the battery and gives incorrect readings of how much juice is left. When I first got the battery it was discharging after about 5 hours. I was really mad. To fix this though all you need to do is reboot your phone. After a reboot the battery shows about 80 to 100% again.
the battery is great and has been lasting me 2 full days with medium use and leaving it on over night. But... because you cant trust the battery meter and you always have to reset your phone, I give it a 2/5 *'s (cause you never know if the phone is actually dead, or just needs another reboot). Its an amazing product and not seidio's fault the battery meter doesn't pick up the "battery on steroids" in its holster. If there's no fix with froyo I'm gonna return and just carry around an extra battery.

I would not be so certain about android's fault here. There are batteries that simply do not give proper information and thus no phone will be able to estimate battery life properly.