High Pitch Noise Coming From Charger

Yourrid

Reaction score
I have been noticing this lately, that once my phone is fully charged, my wall charger (stock OEM) starts this extremely high pitch buzz noise. It sounds like something around the 13.0 kHz sound spectrum (download the "Ultrasound" app and you will know what I am talking about).

Has anyone ran into this? And is the charger under oem warranty still?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been noticing this lately, that once my phone is fully charged, my wall charger (stock OEM) starts this extremely high pitch buzz noise. It sounds like something around the 13.0 kHz sound spectrum (download the "Ultrasound" app and you will know what I am talking about).

Has anyone ran into this? And is the charger under oem warranty still?

Don't own a Droid X but if my charger were making noise I'd take it back to Verizon. Matter of fact I'd of taken it back before I posted on it.

Get yourself a new charger, your warranty is good for 1 year.

dB Zac

Reaction score
really, that is caused by loose windings on the coil. It is annoying but will prob never cause a problem

OP
Yourrid

Yourrid

Reaction score
its a bomb, quick get under your desk!!!!

HAHAHAH I was sleeping and got woken up by this god awful screeching noise. I've noticed my buddy's charger does the same thing (Crapberry).

Ill have to take it back the next time I get a chance. I just wanted to know if anyone else has ever had this problem.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
really, that is caused by loose windings on the coil. It is annoying but will prob never cause a problem

Did for me. I had the high pitch problem and ever since my phone wasn't charging completely it seemed (was getting only like 6 hours worth of light usage).
Got a new charger, battery lasts way longer like it use to now.

dB Zac

Reaction score
well with loose windings the resistance can be off but they would have to be vary lose

OP
Yourrid

Yourrid

Reaction score
well with loose windings the resistance can be off but they would have to be vary lose

what causes that? its not like i slammed the thing on the ground :icon_eek: