High End Cases for Galaxy SIII... Finally!

WestOkid

Reaction score
I have been wanting a nice case that was more than functional for my S3, but nothing did it for me. It's like high end manufacturers think the iPhone is the only phone out there. I have had to keep my S3 naked, as nothing was worthy of covering up her body until now. Someone should tell high-end case makers there are 30,000,000+ S3 owners. Well Element seems to have woke up and made some nice cases for the S3. I will get this "entry level" carbon fiber one below. But check out the CES video. There is a chrome framed case that ports the S3 speaker to the front.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yLGYBhevGvg&list=UU60o55QG_Yabb1nelfSGO0w

Atom_SamsungS3_productpage-sliced_12.jpg

indcolts18288

Reaction score
Seen that on drippler. Cases are cool as hell. Look to be very limited selection for the S3 as opposed to the iPhone. Nice though.

OP
WestOkid

WestOkid

Reaction score
What exactly is considered a "high end" case, and why is it needed in the first place?

lol. Rather than reply with my own explanation and spark a pointless debate; below is the dictionary meaning:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/high-end = Appealing to sophisticated and discerning customers:

or the Wikipedia version

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-end

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Go to the xda forums and read the reviews on the Element carbon fiber case. Some people are having problems with pushing the power button. Sucks it took them so long to come out with a case. But I can see how the release cases for the iPhone cause the iPhone doesn't really change there phone within a couple of years. As the androids phones change within 6 months to year.

OP
WestOkid

WestOkid

Reaction score
Thanks turbo. I checked XDA. Wow a lot of excitement over there. The thread is 30+ pages.
No I am a little skeptical. I would hate to pay so much money and not be satisfied. I could live with the hard to press buttons. I have strong fingers. :happy3: However, the stuff about the case feeling loose is a deal breaker.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Thanks turbo. I checked XDA. Wow a lot of excitement over there. The thread is 30+ pages.
No I am a little skeptical. I would hate to pay so much money and not be satisfied. I could live with the hard to press buttons. I have strong fingers. :happy3: However, the stuff about the case feeling loose is a deal breaker.

Yeah, that's another people are complaining about the case being loose. I to like you would hate to pay that much money for a case that has that many flaws. Glad to help out. Good luck on finding a good case.

encoardimyd

Reaction score
The case concept looks pretty cool, but I would not purchase one. I consider that it takes away the slimness out of the S3.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
My Seido Active is about the same size as the otterbox and the power button is actually a bit sensitive at times. I used to hate cases that covered a button until this one. Same with the volume, perfectly aligned. If this thing fits the slim extended and comes with the kickstand I'd more than consider it. Love the speaker in the front concept...

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I have the Trident Kraken for my S3, like the OtterBox Defender & Seido ActivCase it adds bulk but I like the feel and kickstand. I can take the exoskeleton off and it is a silicon case. The buttons on the Kraken feel good for the Power & Volume. Fairly Responsive. I wish they would make the Kraken for the Note 2. Maybe they will for the Note 3. lol.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Amazon and/or just searching for i9300 cases gives many selections. Im looking at buying a wood grain case with chrome edges for ~$5.

jamis0n df
jam.i.s0n xda

-PM Galaxy Mod rls13
-imoseyon kernel/linaro build

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model