High Definition Video Recording Messy

xxgodsmackxx321

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the forums, and I would like to introduce myself before I seemingly jump in and start asking questions. My name is James and I am from the area surrounding Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I have purchased my Droid X2 towards the middle of June. It is a great phone, really, and is my first smartphone. My previous phones are ones I would rather not talk about, they are simple and cheap phones that you buy at a grocery store, I had Tracfone and Net10.

Now, off to my concern...

While recording high definition wide screen video, I notice many frame skips and occasionally the screen turns green, and the sound is split from the video and is ahead by a good amount of time, I estimate 7 seconds on one of my videos. Looking at other posts, some seem to believe that it is the MicroSD card you get when you buy the phone, which I am using. They recommend buying a higher class card. Before I go and look for one, can others confirm that buying a higher class (class 6 or 10) will help me? I recorded a video to the internal memory and it did not have any problems, so I myself am going to agree with the fact that it might be the rate at which the card saves. Also, can anyone recommend a cheap 16GB card, preferably class 10? I would welcome the extra storage anyway. Thanks to all of your help in advance!! :p

Note: I do have a lot of commas and run-ons, please do not send the Grammar Nazi after me -_-

barski

Reaction score
I don't do much recording, so im not much help there. If you believe its your sdcard there is a app called "SD Speed Increase" in the market. It increases read and write on your phone. But you need to be rooted.

Just did a test using AnTuTu Benchmark. The write on my is 4.8 MB/s and read is 11 MB/s.

Its possible the SD just isn't fast enough. I would go ahead and get the class 10, unless you don't want to pay that much then get the class 6.

OP
X

xxgodsmackxx321

Reaction score
I don't do much recording, so im not much help there. If you believe its your sdcard there is a app called "SD Speed Increase" in the market. It increases read and write on your phone. But you need to be rooted.

Just did a test using AnTuTu Benchmark. The write on my is 4.8 MB/s and read is 11 MB/s.

Its possible the SD just isn't fast enough. I would go ahead and get the class 10, unless you don't want to pay that much then get the class 6.

Was hoping for some more responses within a week, but I am grateful for your input, thanks. I am going to buy a higher class microSD card.

gr8scott_o

Reaction score

Was hoping for some more responses within a week, but I am grateful for your input, thanks. I am going to buy a higher class microSD card.

That are anecdotal reports that a higher class SD card does not solve the problem. Switching to Internal Storage as your default location does. I have not tried that fix yet, but I don't record much.

Good luck.