High Battery Useage and Running Hot

KeepItReal

Reaction score
You have something that probably running constantly from some app you have downloaded. Could be a AD program running. Something. You may never know. Backup (I use Dropbox) everything pertinent (there are text message backup in Playstore, I use SMS Backup and Restore -does not do pictures within texts). Perform Factory Data Reset (Settings, Backup and Reset). Rebuild apps one at time to see if it's an app. If everything is back to normal, it was some glitchy app code that was corrupted. If it still happening, take it to Verizon for replacement, as it's the phone. They will probably require you to perform Factory Reset before dispensing replacement phone anyway. If within 14 days of purchase replacement should be a new phone replacement (called DOA process).

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm out of all those apps, maybe try disabling tasker and see if that helps. If it is operating a lot of tasks it could be slowing things up.

OP
M

Mudinyeri

Reaction score
The phone "healed" itself overnight the night following the high battery usage/running hot condition. This is consistent with previous events. Obviously, something is running amok. I just can't figure out what it is.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try using a file browser app like Astro and delete any unused folders or old image files from the sccard. There could be corrupted image files that cause the media scanner to run and run.