1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Hiding the alarm clock icon?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by brad r, Jun 21, 2010.

1. brad r

brad r New Member

I was wondering if there's a way to hide the alarm clock icon in the notification bar. I have an alarm set every morning; I don't need a notification bar icon to let me know that it's set.

Are there any roms that allow me to hide the icon, or any other of the right-side notification bar icons?

Lacking that, any recommendations for alternative alarm clock apps that don't have a notification bar icon?

Thanks.
  2. billygalbreath

billygalbreath New Member Developer

You might be able to open framework-res.apk and navigate to res/drawable_hdpi/ and replace the stat_notify_alarm.png image with a 1x1 pixel transparent .png (keep the name the same, so the OS can find it) - This, however, might leave an empty spot where the icon should be... No way to know until you give it a try.
  3. cvp

cvp New Member

My app (Alarm Clock Plus) gives you the option to disable the icon. Plus much much more!
Search tags for this page
alarm clock droid icon

alarm clock icon android

alarm clock plus notification

android hide alarm clock icon

android remove alarm icon

android remove alarm notification
hide alarm clock icon android

hide alarm icon android

hide clock icon s4
how do you find hisding alarms on galaxy s 3
how to hide alarm icon android