Hiding my phone number

GeoGiant

Reaction score
Hi all!

Anybody know how i stop my cell number coming up on someone's phone when i call them? Do i have the option of my number coming up as "restricted" or other?

Thanks

jdawg334

Reaction score
you can dial *67 before the number and it should come up restricted or private. There were some apps in the market that said they could spoof caller ID into displaying any number you wanted but I cant seem to find them now. Perhaps Google took those off.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
That doesn't cost money does it?

sent from my ApeX

nikecar

Reaction score
That doesn't cost money does it?

sent from my ApeX

Good question! I'm going to look into an app also.

no, its a free feature. Likewise, you USED to be able to call Verizon and ask to block your number. I know I had that on my old feature phone, and my number would never show up. I had to individually put a *6x before dialing to unblock it.

Not sure if its offered now.

OP
G

GeoGiant

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm still figuring out my phone.

OP
G

GeoGiant

Reaction score
Wading through the apps but I'm not seeing what I want. I'd like to be able to find an app that lets me define the number or name that appears on someone's phone when I call. Anybody know of anything like that?

tommyg562000

Reaction score
Are you trying to stalk an ex-wife, husband, girlfriend,boyfriend? If the person u call requests a copy of their full phone bill they will still see ur phone number, not the spoofed one. So if ur trying to stalk someone that method won't work for much more than a month. And with vzw not longer than 2 days as we can go online and get almost up-to-the minute call logs.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
G

GeoGiant

Reaction score
Are you trying to stalk an ex-wife, husband, girlfriend,boyfriend? If the person u call requests a copy of their full phone bill they will still see ur phone number, not the spoofed one. So if ur trying to stalk someone that method won't work for much more than a month. And with vzw not longer than 2 days as we can go online and get almost up-to-the minute call logs.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

LOL, no. I do permitting work for local government agencies - zoning permits, building permits, etc. I use my phone for personal use and work. I'd like to block my number when i call residents from my cell (they use my office number when they need to contact me). If it was possible I wanted to have my number come up as "Mayfield Township" or "Essics Borough" when i called a resident.