Hiding certain pictures from gallery?

poker158149

Reaction score
I have the Motorola Bravo and I love it. But there's just one thing I'm curious about. Is there a way to make it so certain images or a folder of images doesn't appear in the gallery or under "all images"? There's a folder of images (get your mind outta the gutter, not that) that I want hidden from the gallery when scrolling through just because they aren't my pictures and they don't fit in. Is there a way to do that or maybe an app that does that?

Sent from my MB520 using Tapatalk

JustisLewis

Reaction score
Placing a text file with the name ".nomedia" in the folder with the photos you don't want should do the trick

OP
P

poker158149

Reaction score
Ah, interesting. That did remove it from the "all folders" section, but the images still show up under "all images."

JustisLewis

Reaction score
Did you try rebooting? Sometimes the gallery is a little slow lol though I suppose its possible the Bravo and the Droid treat image-gathering differently

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Try Pandora it's free and hides them perfectly.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Natey2

Reaction score
Ah, interesting. That did remove it from the "all folders" section, but the images still show up under "all images."

Old thumbnails still cached?
Create a new folder, create a .nomedia file in it, and move your pics there.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

OP
P

poker158149

Reaction score
I tried rebooting and I tried moving them to a new folder with a .nomedia file. I dont like Pandora, it doesn't change in the actual gallery. Neither of those two work. When I go to the gallery I see the thumbnails, but when I click them it comes up with the broken image picture. I also tried to delete them, but the delete option is faded out when I look at the options.

Sent from my Motorola Bravo using Tapatalk

BibleGeek

Reaction score
The free program "Vaulty Free" allows to choose images to hide from the Gallery. They wont be seen unless you release them. And they can be pass protected.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is also an app called photo vault.....I'm just saying.....I am sure you can figure out what it does.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I tried rebooting and I tried moving them to a new folder with a .nomedia file. I dont like Pandora, it doesn't change in the actual gallery. Neither of those two work. When I go to the gallery I see the thumbnails, but when I click them it comes up with the broken image picture. I also tried to delete them, but the delete option is faded out when I look at the options.

That's odd because Pandora hides them perfectly for me.

OP
P

poker158149

Reaction score
PhotoVault isn't free. I know its cheap, but this isn't a big enough deal that I'm willing to pay for it.

Ozzie

Reaction score
Hide it pro...otherwise known as audio manager. It in the market for d1...hope it works for you 'cause if it does you won't need anything else.
Free too...you may like it enough to throw a little something at him...

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
PhotoVault isn't free. I know its cheap, but this isn't a big enough deal that I'm willing to pay for it.

I don't even know how much it is.....Amazon gave it away a few days ago.

Yeah I also got it for free. The main reason I don't suggest it is because it costs money though.