Hide apps?

Raydee35

Reaction score
I can't seem to find the find apps button on ICS like there was on GB. Is there a option for this in ICS?

BriCo84

Reaction score
you mean the "hide" apps option on the long press? Yes, I also am missing this. The argument seems to be that it is unnecessary because you can disable apps in ICS. I think that is a terrible reason to get ride of the hide option. It is what I miss most from Gingerbread. I had it hiding 2 kinds of apps I did not want to see in my app drawer;

1. my "Where's My Droid" app, the app that lets you find your phone if it is lost or stolen. I used the hide option so if my phone was stolen I could get it back without the thief realizing I have that app. Now he can simply uninstall it.

2. Live Wallpaper - I have plenty of Live Wallpaper apps that have a useless icon in my app drawer...I don't want these disabled or uninstalled...just hidden.

The other argument I have heard is to just go download a custom launcher...I tried it, they all suck. The MotoBlur one is perfect except for one thing...its missing the "Hide" option in ICS.

So does anyone know if there is another way to hide apps in the drawer without having to use a custom launcher? A solution that requires root is acceptable.