1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

hidden settings? pandora, pdanet

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by #~4~pound, Jun 2, 2010.

1. #~4~pound

#~4~pound New Member

Pandora freezes up on me after 5-10 sometimes 15 minutes of play. Go to menu, quit app open back up works for bout the same... repeat.

Pdanet tether. finally got it working runs for 5-10 sometimes 15 minutes of use then appears to close itself. saying in the icon tray reconnect failed. Open back up...repeat.

My question. Is there some kind of hidden setting in my task manager or wherever that is causing these issues like a power save or something? Still waiting for junefabrics.com to reply on pdanet no luck on pandora issue. any advice, tips or solutions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I love my THC Droid Eris :beer2:
  2. jocko1960

jocko1960 New Member

I have better luck using PdaNet through Bluetooth than thru the USB. Mine would disconnect from the USB also.
  3. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

Your phone doesn't always have a 3g connetion, as you will notice by the arrows under the 3g icon in the notification bar. This is what is most likely causing your problem
  4. DigiK

DigiK New Member

System auto memory-management settings are most likely killing your apps to reclaim memory for other services/applications, i.e.: you've got a lot of stuff installed & running.

Rooting will provide you with the best options for abating this behavior (and MUCH better/faster tethering than unreliable PDAnet), but in the meantime you can try a task manager and another program called 'Startup Auditor' to prevent Android Os from automatically loading some apps at start-up. You'll see a net increase in free memory and a decrease in premature app shutdown. For Pandora, also try increasing the low memory shut-down timings.
  5. #~4~pound

#~4~pound New Member

Found settings in Task Manager app. For a test i left them where they were but turned on sound when killing apps, notify when killing apps. I guess it has a timer from when screen saves after designated time it kills all running apps and since pandora and pdanet are the only two apps i use with out touching the screen it saves then terminates for power and memory i guess. Not sure if it works on pandora yet but thats where my thinking is going. It did notify me and sound at the exact same time i was getting the connection issue so i'm sure thats it. I'll keep ya posted on pandora and all that but i gotta run.
    Thanks again

Love it :beer2: