Hi!

tranz

Reaction score
I'm an old "Palmy" and new to this forum/website. Wow, there are sure a lot of Android forum sites out there! This seems fairly good, lots of traffic for sure.

I've had my A855 Droid since Thanksgiving, and have spent an insane amount of time messing with it, and surfing these forums learning about it. It's mighty cool, but not an efficient business tool,,, yet.:motdroidhoriz:

I was able to migrate all my calendar data over from my PalmOS Treo (755p), which was the last in a long line of Palm PDAs I've had. :palm: To move my calendar (10 years worth) I used a java program called "PDBConverter". If you want to look into anything about moving from Palm to Android / gmail / google calendars, contacts, docs, etc. check this link out, and follow the threads given there too:

migrating from palmOS - Android Forums

I exported my Palm contacts from Palm Desktop as vCards, and imported them into my gmail contacts, but they got pretty trashed. More googles and Droids fault than the export per se, but a mess anyhow. Verizon would only "transfer" my contacts by csv, and name and phone # is all they'd take ANY responsibility for at all.

I'm still working on getting my memos saved into Google docs. My to-do's I'm really wondering about. I think we need a good android app for that, one that uses the gmail calendar too, at least for building a log/diary of completed items.

I just found and started using "Graffiti" again!!! There's an app called "MobileWriter" that runs on my Droid OK, and I like it almost as much as my old Palm Pilots and Sony Clie's.

My favorite droid apps presently are:

Home++
MobileWriter
MotoTorch
GDocs
Handcent
Accuweather widget
Barcode Scanner
Beamreader
Dolphin Browser
On the Level2
WaveSecure

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome

First :welcome: to the forum! It seems you have a pretty good grip on the Droid. Enjoy yourself here! Have a great day

OP
tranz

tranz

Reaction score
NoteEverything now imports Palm Memos and reportedly does it well. I'll be happy when it syncs with my gmail accounts googledocs.