1. sundialman

sundialman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi to the droid forum. I have gotten a wealthof information so far from everyone's posts. I think the big question is whether to try rootin gmy phone though I am anxois about the responsibility that seems to entail. I kind of like relying on the mercy of Verizon to handle my misfortunes. Nonetheless I am tempted. thanks to everyone who so graciously shares there knowledge and skills with us noobs.

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    :welcome: sundialman to the Droid Forums. Right now if you are running 2.2 and want to root I think you need to use sbf to go back to 2.0.1. I don't think there is any other way to do it but if I'm wrong someone will correct me. Then I'll probably correct them. Then somebody will push, someone will throw a punch and BacknBlack will show up with a gun and make everything peaceful again. :)

I've got a wild imaginations. ;)

3. sundialman

sundialman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK well I didn't mean to stir up trouble. I'm new in these parts.:icon_eek:

4. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Welcome! Your cool. If you are considering rooting here are a few links that my help
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/11102-all-one-popular-threads-read-before-posting.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

My best advice read, read, and read. Make notes and post any questions you may have. If you decide rooting is for you the community will be here to support you.

Mike