1. athack

athack New Member

Im new to this site....have motorola droid anf loving it... been playing with it for 2 weeks... quick question for everyone...handcent or chomps and dxtop or gde? ive been using handcent and dxtop tried gde didnt seem as stable thanks Joe
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

:welcome: to the forum, Joe. I use handcent myself, others prefer chomps. I'd pick between those two.

Glad you found us if we can help you out further please don't be afraid to ask.
  3. athack

athack New Member

thanks hook,
  4. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Welcome! This is an awesome site for finding and exchanging information.

Glad you found and joined us.

Mike
  5. Anomander

Anomander New Member

Welcome! Tons of information here and some really good people to help out. I personally like Handcent. It does everything I want and then some. If you have been using Handcent and Chomp, which one do you like better? I go with what works best for me since it will not be the same from person to person.

Enjoy your Droid, I :heart: mine every day.
  6. Froodychick

Froodychick New Member

Hi Athack, welcome to the forums! This is a great place to find lot of info, ask questions, and get ideas. I use Handcent and love it. I also use better keyboard. One tip is if you don't use the stock messenger remember to turn off the notification on it (it's in the settings in the messenger) so you don't get double notifications. Enjoy.
  7. christim

christim DF Super Moderator

Welcome aboard!

When I look at my phone I see Handcent. I won't be looking at your phone so you pick one you like:)

Both are probably overkill for me because I'm not a big texter. I do like the various notification options available though.
  8. athack

athack New Member

thanks everyone... im using handcent, i found i like the customizations better in handcent... using dxtop with the hd theme.. love it by the way... also installed lockbot pro, to adjust my lock screen, found i no longer need it with dxtop hd theme cause lock screens come with it... and love smart keyboard pro with the iphone theme, makes the keyboard much easier to see... LOL!!!! also is there a way to uninstall the android keyboard?