Hi

mom2mcar

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I recently upgraded from a Droid RAZR to the Galaxy Note 2 and love it. The only thing I miss is the Smartactions app that Motorola puts out. Is there a comparable app out? TIA

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forums . as far as comparable apps go i have no idea.. i dont use smart actions either

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Congrats on the phone. As far as I know smart actions is strictly a Moto thing. Similar apps, I'm not sure of.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are apps like Tasker (can't remember the newer one that's more user-friendly) that will automate things similar to SmartActions - they're more customizable, but not near as user-friendly.

Welcome to the forum!

Ed270

Reaction score
I too recently moved from the razr maxx to the note 2. I liked using smart actions but now I think I can achieve some of those tasks with NFC tags. An example is at night I set my phone to silent and turn off led notification light this maybe achieved by programming a tag and taping it before going to bed

Sent from my SCH-I605 ( Phablet)using Droid Forums

OP
mom2mcar

mom2mcar

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the suggestions! If anyone else has more they would be greatly appreciated.

OP
mom2mcar

mom2mcar

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the suggestions! If anyone else has more they would greatly appreciated.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The thread that smalltowngirl13 linked to above - smart actions like app - is a great thread to read through and ask questions in since it's already talking about the same thing. :)

But here's the basic information from it:

Tasker has the most features.

Actions Pro is the most user friendly.

Those are the best apps available right now that do what you're looking for.