Hi to all, and advice on launcher/lockscreen

melissapugs

Reaction score
New droid convert, and I am not missing my iphone for a bunch of reasons. Just getting around to customizing with my Optimus V. Also, asked for advice here about launchers and lockscreens:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...her-opinions-ngo-launcher-ex-lockscreens.html
Using Go Launcher EX until someone talks me out of it (yeah, I heard it's a rip off) and interesting in lock screen customization with updates on email/sms/phone.

snap20110415_131020.png
snap20110415_131029.png

snap20110415_131039.png

Yeah, see...no updates on emails. And I am just picky enough to want matching icons to my themes. So if anyone has a better lockscreen/launcher combo to suggest, I am open to ideas. I don't mind a lot of work to get it just the way I want, so long as the launcher can run at a decent speed on my phone.
Thanks for any advice, Melissa
PS: Also, please mention if you know of a skype direct dial schortcut or app that utilized them - can't find anything on general searches.

Reaction score
I've tried a lot of homescreen replacements. I find Launcherpro to be the best. You should try it out.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

jchammer123

Reaction score
I have used launcher pro as a daily driver for a long time, and to me its the most stable and the smoothest. I've tried just about every one out there. Currently I'm playing with Regina 3D, which is an awesome concept but its in the early stages, and SPB Shell, which is expensive but it gives a whole new look to the phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
melissapugs

melissapugs

Reaction score
I've tried a lot of homescreen replacements. I find Launcherpro to be the best. You should try it out.

Does Launcher Pro allow updated email/phone/sms updates on the lockscreen? Or maybe you know of an app that works well with that launcher?
Thanks bunches.

Reaction score

Does Launcher Pro allow updated email/phone/sms updates on the lockscreen? Or maybe you know of an app that works well with that launcher?
Thanks bunches.

I'm not sure, I don't think it does anything on the lock screen. I just unlock my phone and use the notification tray for sms and email.

Launcherpro does have widgets that you can add to a homescreen for sms and email, and (I think?) recent calls.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Go launcher not doubt about it that is the best home replacement by far in my opinion i've used them all you name it adw, launcher pro, live home, launcher 2 and currently go launcher and it's just blazing fast tons of features it's literally ridiculous how well it works and how much stuff is included

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
+1 on GO launcher.

Latest update you can add multiple apps to a homescreen at one time. Very cool features!!!

sent from somewhere...

OP
melissapugs

melissapugs

Reaction score
Glad to hear praise on Go Launcher, since it works for me. I like speed and ease of themes. Still, I am so darn picky: I want to customize the lockscreen with updates and use my theme icons. Does the developer allow access to the icons that I can input myself? If anyone can find a way...

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea go launcher lets you set you're own custom icons

droid doctor

Reaction score
Go launcher ex ftw Ive tried pretty much every launcher and this one is better than any other