Hi Sirius/XM

RXX

Reaction score
Yeah, I have been about over with Sirius ever since they dropped planet jazz. Plus, no celtic music, Bob Seeger & Bruce Springsteen on the Vault (deep tracks now) and their incessant promos (commercial free radio my ass)

Where can I go to find some good right-wing talk radio like Neal Boortz & Michael Savage? Can't seem to find links to any of them so far.

RLJSlick

Reaction score
I don't think it's a terrible observation at all, that was one of the many reasons I left Sirius after 5 years. They kept charging more and giving less. When they started charging for internet, it stop being a "good value" to me, specially since Pandora and Last.FM was doing the same thing for free.

Why does xm/sirius charging for internet mean the end?? That's a terrible observation.

The internet was only grandfathered in if you paid for a plan that extended you past the date that they started to charge for it. Your auto renewal is not under contract so grandfathering doesn't apply. If you paid for 1 yr or 5yrs or lifetime, you'd get grandfathered in that way and only for the length of your term.

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's a terrible observation at all, that was one of the many reasons I left Sirius after 5 years. They kept charging more and giving less. When they started charging for internet, it stop being a "good value" to me, specially since Pandora and Last.FM was doing the same thing for free.

Why does xm/sirius charging for internet mean the end?? That's a terrible observation.

The internet was only grandfathered in if you paid for a plan that extended you past the date that they started to charge for it. Your auto renewal is not under contract so grandfathering doesn't apply. If you paid for 1 yr or 5yrs or lifetime, you'd get grandfathered in that way and only for the length of your term.
I've got bad news for you, pandora can't keep up with the royalties either and they're starting to limit listeners to 40hrs a week without a paid membership and even that isn't guaranteed to get you full service. Internet radio has been a struggling format since the heydays of napster.

You're not going to be able to replace sattelite radiio with current 3g coverag. Its not nearly as complete or reliable.

DroidPDX

Reaction score
Longtime XM subscriber here. Joined them a few months after they launched years ago. I kind of hope they do develop an app but what is up with them nickel and diming us now? Music royalty surcharge, have to pay to listen online now and the second receiver on a family plan increased $2/ month? I'm getting to the point where I want to cancel...

I'm a long-time subscriber, too. With Pandora out there, leaving XM doesn't seem quite as drastic.