Hi-Res Pics and Video Leak of Galaxy S4 Floating Touch, Smart Pause, Specs & More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;jCAtRNiYBmI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jCAtRNiYBmI[/video]​

SPOILER ALERT! Late last night a slew of hi-res pics and a video leaked of the new Samsung Galaxy SIV flagship that will be revealed later today. The pics reveal a host of specs, which we will share below with the pics. The video above shows off the rumored Floating Touch, Smart Pause and touch-free browser navigation that might be the rumores Smart Scroll feature. First, here's a spec breakdown of the i9502,
  • 1080p 4.99-inch display with an embossed home key and cross-hatch textured plastic back cover
  • Exynos 5410 is a 1.8GHz 8-core CPU unit (with included PowerVR SGX 544MP3 GPU)
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 16GB ROM storage with a microSD expansion slot
  • Weighs in at 138g and measures 7.7mm thick
  • 2600mAh battery
As you can see, the rumored Exynos 5 with PowerVT SGX 544MP3 GPU is present. This is the Chinese version, so we still haven't been able to confirm if the U.S. version will be getting the Exynos 5 Octa-core or the rumored Snapdragon 600. It looks like we will still have to wait on the full reveal in New York tonight. Here's one of the hi-res pics of the device,

sgs4-eve-leak-1.jpg

Because there were several pics and videos and we don't want to spam the front page with a stupid long article, here's a link to our thread over at GalaxyS4Forums.net with the rest of the pics and videos: Samsung Galaxy S IV Leaked Features Videos and Pics on the Eve of Launch

Source: Engadget & Phandroid

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
So you're going to have a bunch of wasted bottom bezel to make room for a capacitive key, and then only have 1 key? As someone who uses home, back and search keys all the time that is a massive fail. Either go all software keys, or at least 3 (preferably 4) capacitive keys.

Or maybe the other keys are there and just no embossed or as noticeable.

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
So you're going to have a bunch of wasted bottom bezel to make room for a capacitive key, and then only have 1 key? As someone who uses home, back and search keys all the time that is a massive fail. Either go all software keys, or at least 3 (preferably 4) capacitive keys.

Or maybe the other keys are there and just no embossed or as noticeable.

it was rumored to be front facing speakers, i suppose that is still possible. they should have done that if they havent

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
it was rumored to be front facing speakers, i suppose that is still possible. they should have done that if they havent

Ehhh, not sure how I feel about front-facing speakers. Normally I would listen to audio thru my BT headset, and at home I would probably add a premium speaker to a dock or something.

I only care about that as far as a speakerphone, and I'm not sure how front-facing speakers would improve that (volume is usually not the problem on my end, it's clarity and feedback for the caller on the other end).

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
As I look closer at the bottom, seems like I can see some sort of sensor/lights to the left and right of the home key. Probably for the floating-touch and touch-free sensors. I'm not going to be the guinea-pig for that tech. Strikes me as something I wouldn't want or use, and that being the case that's pretty valuable real estate wasted for me.

Granted, maybe no phone can be all things to all people.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Ehhh, not sure how I feel about front-facing speakers. Normally I would listen to audio thru my BT headset, and at home I would probably add a premium speaker to a dock or something.

I only care about that as far as a speakerphone, and I'm not sure how front-facing speakers would improve that (volume is usually not the problem on my end, it's clarity and feedback for the caller on the other end).

Front facing speakers are so underestimated. I can't tell you how many times on a phone or tablet I've had the volume blaring out of the back of the device, annoying everyone on the other side of the phone, just so I could barely (if at all) hear a video clip I'm trying to hear or show to a friend.

Underaddressed feature.

The floating point and look detection seems gimmicky, like the JB face unlock that seemed so awesome at first.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I can't tell you how many times on a phone or tablet I've had the volume blaring out of the back of the device, annoying everyone on the other side of the phone, just so I could barely (if at all) hear a video clip I'm trying to hear or show to a friend.

It WOULD have to be a lot of times to justify sacrificing the real estate. I've rarely had the need, and honestly feel it's almost completely unnecessary.

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
Front facing speakers are so underestimated. I can't tell you how many times on a phone or tablet I've had the volume blaring out of the back of the device, annoying everyone on the other side of the phone, just so I could barely (if at all) hear a video clip I'm trying to hear or show to a friend.

Underaddressed feature.

The floating point and look detection seems gimmicky, like the JB face unlock that seemed so awesome at first.

this a million times