1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Hi Res HTC IME for Droid!!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by gamemaster333, Feb 26, 2010.

1. gamemaster333

gamemaster333 New Member

Someone at alldroid just released the hi res HTC IME apk. It's a little buggy as it doesn't work in landscape mode, but hardware word prediction is working. Here's the url: (sorry I can't add the link. I'm at work and I'm trying to post quickly from my Droid)

http://www.alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=210&t=2815&start=0
  2. Champers

Champers New Member

Aside from the lack of landscape keyboard, I can say with ease that this is the best (read: most accurate, thanks calibration!) keyboard I have installed between Smart, Better Keyboard, and stock.
  3. sh0ebox

sh0ebox New Member

I believe there's another thread on this here already that's like a week old. The keyboard has been out for some number of days now.

Great keyboard, though. Can't wait for proper landscape support for the Droid (dev needs testers since he doesn't have a Droid so he's coding blind). Otherwise, it's a great keyboard!
  4. gamemaster333

gamemaster333 New Member

Hmm.. I tried searching for other threads before I posted and I didn't find a single one. If there is then its my bad. Also the alldroid thread was started yesterday so I didn't think anyone could've posted it yet. Either way, this keyboard is pretty sweet. Can't wait for landscape support!
  5. gotta have that funk

gotta have that funk New Member

i've had this keyboard installed for at least a week, but i got it off a post on howardforums..i'll be using it exclusively as soon as a full version comes out..
  6. mjforte

mjforte Member

I really wish there was a fix for no spacebar in the browser for searches. It's annoying to have to switch to numbers to get the space. Other than that its a great keyboard, much better than stock in my opinion.
  7. gotta have that funk

im using version v5 i think and the keyboard is in with the letters...what version are you using?
  8. sh0ebox

sh0ebox New Member

The most up-to-date version is v9. Also, I believe the people who released this port spend most of their time on XDA Developers forums, where this keyboard was released about 1 month ago.

Here's the link to the thread, so you guys can stay up-to-date on new keyboard versions. There's also a thread with some metamorph themes for the keyboard (which requires that you push the keyboard to /system/app in order to theme it with MM). Not many themes up yet but they're workin on it. Can't wait :)

HTC_IME.apk thread:
    [APP MOD] HTC_IME Keyboard (23rd February: hihres v9, lowres v4) - xda-developers

MetaMorph themes thread:
    [Morphs] HTC_IME High Res skins! Updated 02/25 - xda-developers
  9. gotta have that funk

thanks for posting the themes thread, i woulda never found that.
  10. mtbhk44

mtbhk44 New Member

Thanks for posting this - what little I've used of this keyboard, I like it. The calibration really helped

Edit: Having trouble skinning this thing - Metamorph telling me the target .apk does not exist. Any ideas?
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  11. sh0ebox

sh0ebox New Member

Most likely, your keyboard isn't installed in /system/app --- what did you use to install it? Astro? I went through this same problem at first too.

You have to install the keyboard using adb or something that will allow you to push the app to /system/app (as opposed to /data/app or something, which I believe is where Astro writes apps to).

If you have adb, place the HTC_IME.apk in the same folder as adb on your PC (the /tools folder by default) and use the command:

Code:
    adb push HTC_IME.apk /system/app
    If it tells you that the directory is read only, then type in:

Code:
    adb remount
    before you type the "adb push" code. Type it in afterwards as well just to reset the directory to read only.

Also... IF you happen to run into the same problem as me and the HTC keyboard force closes automatically whenever you have it set as default or you try to use it after pushing to /system/app, then uninstall it using adb using the command:

Code:
    adb shell rm /system/app/HTC_IME.apk
    and then install it using Astro, then go back and push it to /system/app WITHOUT UNINSTALLING IT. Afterwards, you will notice that it no longer appears installed. Reinstall using Astro and it will work fine. I have no idea why it works this way, but it did for me. YMMV.

Cheers!
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  12. mtbhk44

mtbhk44 New Member

OK - I've tried all of this and I still can't skin this thing. And now it's force closing on me. Grrrrr
  13. mtbhk44

mtbhk44 New Member

OK - it stopped force closing - but I still can't skin it. I KNOW the apk is in the system/app folder - wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Search tags for this page
hi res keyboard apk

htc ime hi res

htc ime hi res apk

lg revolution keyboard apk