Hi! New to the site, & the Droid

OfficialNutt09

Reaction score
Hi All! Not sure what i'm suppose to do, I've never belonged to a forum site before. I pirchased the Droid about 3 weeks ago becuse my new job requires email access 24/7 and we also use Google Calendar to communicate events. I love my Droid so far, i just need some help on using it better, the way it is suppose to be used. These are the questions I have:
1. Is there an app for Google Calendar or do I have to go to the site every time I use it?
2. How do I link my email and Word files? Ive already install Docstogo, full version. just need to know how I can attach word and excel files to an email message.

Thanks for any help I can get!

B

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi All! Not sure what i'm suppose to do, I've never belonged to a forum site before. I pirchased the Droid about 3 weeks ago becuse my new job requires email access 24/7 and we also use Google Calendar to communicate events. I love my Droid so far, i just need some help on using it better, the way it is suppose to be used. These are the questions I have:
1. Is there an app for Google Calendar or do I have to go to the site every time I use it?
2. How do I link my email and Word files? Ive already install Docstogo, full version. just need to know how I can attach word and excel files to an email message.

Thanks for any help I can get!

B

First let me :welcome: you to the forum. Google Calendar is in your applications, it comes with the phone. Do you not see it there, because you should? This is a google phone.

After you compose an email message you push the menu button and you will see attach pop up. Choose the file you wish to attach and send.

I'm not exactly sure how it works with Documents to Go, I don't use that but it should be the same way. Navigate to where your document is and attach it.

You can also start with the document and long press. An option to "share" will pop up and you can choose email that way. Your document will attach and then you can compose your email.

Hope this helps.:)

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, OfficialNutt09! Hope you enjoy your time here!

OP
O

OfficialNutt09

Reaction score
Thank you. I do not have the Google Calendar in my apps. Where can I find it on my phone? I have my Gmail calendar but not the one from Google.
And the only thing I can attach in an email is a picture, it won't let me navigate anywhere else.
Maybe I just don't know the phone well enough! Thank you for your help though!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I do not have the Google Calendar in my apps. Where can I find it on my phone? I have my Gmail calendar but not the one from Google.
And the only thing I can attach in an email is a picture, it won't let me navigate anywhere else.

Try long pressing on your document first before you compose your email. It should offer you the opportunity to "share'' the document. If that doesn't work then try the menu button. There is a way to do this and it's not difficult.

There is no gmail calendar. You should have 2 calendars on your phone. One is simply calendar the other is corporate calendar. The regular calendar is your google calendar. It will automatically sync with google once you go to settings/accounts & sync and click auto sync. Also make sure that in manage accounts on the same page that you have your email address clicked to sync. It's a little round sync symbol that will light up. If you don't see your gmail there, click add an account on the bottom and enter your gmail address.

That should be it. Once you do that everything will sync up automatically for you.

Last edited:
OP
O

OfficialNutt09

Reaction score

Try long pressing on your document first before you compose your email. It should offer you the opportunity to "share'' the document. If that doesn't work then try the menu button. There is a way to do this and it's not difficult.

There is no gmail calendar. You should have 2 calendars on your phone. One is simply calendar the other is corporate calendar. The regular calendar is your google calendar. It will automatically sync with google once you go to settings/accounts & sync and click auto sync. Also make sure that in manage accounts on the same page that you have your email address clicked to sync. It's a little round sync symbol that will light up. If you don't see your gmail there, click add an account on the bottom and enter your gmail address.

That should be it. Once you do that everything will sync up automatically for you.

My Google account is setup with a different email address than my gmail. It's setup with my work email. Frustrating!!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

My Google account is setup with a different email address than my gmail. It's setup with my work email. Frustrating!!!

I'm not understanding. Google account = gmail. If your work email is different then all you got to do is have it forwarded it to gmail. You can do that on your settings on line. Very easy to do, don't be frustrated.:)