Hi, new here, need minds to root

reggjoo

Reaction score
I just got this alcatel authority from radio shack, and I need to root it. It's fairly new, and seem like there's no PC suite, or USB drivers for it yet. I hooked it up to my Linux PC, and did lsusb, so I was able to get the ID's for it( 1bbb: 9018). If there's a way, can anyone help?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know nothing about your device, but a quick google search shows that it's based on the ARM7 processor. So if you have a custom recovery available for your device you could flash this zip through it and it should give you root.

http://downloads.noshufou.netdna-cdn.com/superuser/Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip

If you don't have a custom recovery, you'll likely have to manually push the superuser binary into /system/bin or /system/xbin through adb. I found a helpful tutorial that *might* work.

Pocketables – How to manually root almost any Android device

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! Sorry but I do not know anything about your device, hopefully those links will get you off to a good :)

OP
R

reggjoo

Reaction score
will see if it works

Yes, I have adb, in windows, and Ubuntu. In windows, I have qtadb running(messed that program up in Ubuntu). I can use the shell in qtadb to try that, thanks.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

I am not familiar with your phone but you might also check out our sister site for any additional info on the Alcatel line - we try to cover most all Android phones there... Android Phones by Model