Hi my name is Mike

toyracer71

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was running a BB while I was on my mobile marketing tours (NASCAR show car tours) so that I could do the email, keep in contact with the boss etc. I saw that they had there version of the touch screen but it was getting nothing but bad reviews. So I took a look at the DroidX because of the screen size and other features.

For the most part I like the phone.

The big problem that I am dealing with is the contacts issue like a lot of other people. I am running Outlook on my PC and due to a ongoing job search I am not able to change over to gmail right now. I have bought DajaOffice and it seems to work most of the time for now.

One of the other big problems driving me bonkers is that my phone is combining my Outlook contacts, FaceBook contacts, and some other contact list all in one place and creating multiples listings. I know that I could go through and delete the extras but I was wondering if there was a easier way to manage the list with out causing problems with my Outlook? Also would anyone know of a list of videos that walk you through doing things on this phone, it seems a bit more complicated than my old :blackberry:....

Thanks in advance
Mike

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Hi Mike, welcome to the forum. Glad to have you with us.

I do not know the answer to your questions but we have a subsection dedicated to the X. I think you may find your answers there. To get to the subsection, click on the Forum tab at the top of the page then scroll down to the Droid X section.

mforrest

Reaction score
Mike,

Usually when your Facebook friends show up in your regular contacts it is because you have sync'd your Facebook with your phone. This happens when you use your Facebook app to log in and go thru the tutorial.. it asks if you want to sync the friends with your existing contacts.

I only know one way to undo it.. do a "wipe all / restore factory settings " .. this erases all your settings (don't worry your apps and contacts should be saved to your gmail account) .. when your phone reboots just sign into you gmail account again and it should sync up your contacts and apps. Then if you log in to Facebook again, when it asks if you want to sync your friends list choose the option " only sync with my preexisting contacts "..

That should fix it up .. there may be an easier way ... but that's the way I know...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App