Hi, my name is Michael, and I was a blackberry user.

Michael.

Reaction score
A few days ago, after the ball fell out of my BB Curve… again, I decided it was time to upgrade. After long hours talking with a VZW rep, I decided to go with the Droid 2. Thus far, I am impressed.
I did notice that the battery seems to drain quickly but overall I am happy with the phone. Now I just need to get it all decked out with the best apps. Since I am cheap, they would also need to be free apps. Any suggestions? I am also looking for some cool accessories for it. One thing in particular that would be nice is a charging docking station that has speakers so I can have better quality sound when playing Pandora or one of the songs that are loaded onto the SD card.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A few days ago, after the ball fell out of my BB Curve… again, I decided it was time to upgrade. After long hours talking with a VZW rep, I decided to go with the Droid 2. Thus far, I am impressed.
I did notice that the battery seems to drain quickly but overall I am happy with the phone. Now I just need to get it all decked out with the best apps. Since I am cheap, they would also need to be free apps. Any suggestions? I am also looking for some cool accessories for it. One thing in particular that would be nice is a charging docking station that has speakers so I can have better quality sound when playing Pandora or one of the songs that are loaded onto the SD card.

:welcome: to the world of Droid and the Droid Forums. Good call getting rid of that Curve. This is real 21st Century Technology you have now.

I won't get into apps, but one. Screebl. That will keep your screen from shutting off constantly on you while you are trying to use it. Yes, it's free but I paid a couple of bucks to the developer. I think it's that important.

Mikradle docking station is a wonderful AMERICAN made docking station. They are one of our supporting vendors, I highly recommend it. No speakers on it though.

I'll let others give you some more tips. Enjoy your Droid.

gmmurphy

Reaction score
Welcome Michael,

Battery life has been somewhat of an issue but not as bad as you may think. Its new your playing with it hours on end at least i did. Battery was not lasting me a half a day. once the newness wears off you will get a days worth of normal use. suggestions for apps. some of my favorite, launcherpro, aldiko, dropbox, google sky, scanner radio pandora, and slacker radio. im not sure d2 has root yet, if so there are some real cool apps. all above are free. (hook bill made great point;i donate when i can)
this is by far the best forum everyone is very helpful. i knew zero about D1 now i can pull apart a put together becasue of this forum. good luck have fun.

Last edited:
OP
M

Michael.

Reaction score
Welcome Michael,

Battery life has been somewhat of an issue but not as bad as you may think. Its new your playing with it hours on end at least i did. Battery was not lasting me a half a day. once the newness wears off you will get a days worth of normal use. suggestions for apps. some of my favorite, launcherpro, aldiko, dropbox, google sky, scanner radio pandora, and slacker radio. im not sure d2 has root yet, if so there are some real cool apps. all above are free. (hook bill made great point;i donate when i can)
this is by far the best forum everyone is very helpful. i knew zero about D1 now i can pull apart a put together becasue of this forum. good luck have fun.

I was told that it comes rooted and apps can be stored and run off the SD card or the HD. If it is or not, I have no idea. I am just happy that all my e-mail addresses from home, work, and such all synced up nicely.

I was looking at the Mikradle docking station and it gave me several ideas on how to build one, but in the mean time, I plan on ordering one.