Hi, meet me and my girly droid

OP
Rayv

Rayv

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Sherry and just wanted to say that your artwork is gorgeous!
I skinned my Droid too with a uniqueskin but it's not as pretty as yours. :)
My hubby has an old Samsung freebie dumbphone that he's had for three years
and has no interest in a fancy phone like mine. No worries mixing them up here.
100_5057.jpg
100_5058.jpg
Cool! Is that the scratch resistant one or the normal vinyl one? I was curious what those would look like but decided to play it safe and go with what I had already used on my last phone.

sherylhs

Reaction score
Very nice ladies.

I feel inclined to share mine as well. I used a photo I took and ordered my skins through Unique Skins, the scratch resistant one. When I ordered it (a couple of weeks ago) they where having a 2 for 1 sale. Shipping is super fast.

Anyway, here's mine and welcome to the forums.

I made the wallpaper myself from the same shot.

~S

100_5057.jpg
100_5058.jpg
Cool! Is that the scratch resistant one or the normal vinyl one? I was curious what those would look like but decided to play it safe and go with what I had already used on my last phone.

Mamaperk

Reaction score
100_5057.jpg
100_5058.jpg

Yes, it's the scratch resistant one and so far has held up pretty well although I only purchased it mid-December. At that time I also bought the regular (cheapie) ones for my daughters ... they are much more like sticker decals whereas mine is thicker ...

Does the gel skin protect the phone from scratches? I love the look of it!

OP
Rayv

Rayv

Reaction score
Sherylhs, I loooove your flower skin! That is really cute!!

Mamaperk,
the gelskin is really thick, its goes on like a sticker, but it is much much thicker than a sticker. There is like a polyurethane or some sort of resin applied on top of the sticker part giving it that high gloss and adding to the thickness. That makes it pretty much impossible to scratch through. The downside is that it doesn't cover the whole phone like the scratch resistant skins, so anything uncovered is totally unprotected. I keep it in my golla bags/pouches though so it doesn't get much of an opportunity to get scratched. I did the same with my old phone, after 1 1/2 years with a gelskin and being kept inside a golla bag while in my purse or being carried around, no scratches on that one.

OP
Rayv

Rayv

Reaction score
I should add, I really didn't like how the gelskin looked on the droid's front screen, I ended up taking that off.

kcook323

Reaction score
Very nice! I also checked out your website. You are super talented! I became a fan on FB!

How long have you been playing the violin? My daughter is 6 and we were thinking about starting fiddle lessons, either that or piano. I play the piano. My boys play the mandolin and the banjo.

OP
Rayv

Rayv

Reaction score
Very nice! I also checked out your website. You are super talented! I became a fan on FB!

How long have you been playing the violin? My daughter is 6 and we were thinking about starting fiddle lessons, either that or piano. I play the piano. My boys play the mandolin and the banjo.
Thanks!

I have been playing the violin for 23 years. You should totally get her started! She is the right age :D