HI just got Droid X... few questions

malpert

Reaction score
1. Do i need a cord that goes from the phone to my computer usb cable.. i did not get one with the phone.. just the charger.

2. Where can i get on line Free Aps.. if i get them on the computer how do i get them into my Droid.. or do i just go on line with the droid and get them that way.

3. there are a few aps that came with the phone.. some are NOT deletable?
thanks
Marv
NY

thacrownprince

Reaction score
1. Do i need a cord that goes from the phone to my computer usb cable.. i did not get one with the phone.. just the charger.

2. Where can i get on line Free Aps.. if i get them on the computer how do i get them into my Droid.. or do i just go on line with the droid and get them that way.

3. there are a few aps that came with the phone.. some are NOT deletable?
thanks
Marv
NY

Welcome to the DroidForums, (there's also a DroidXforums.com). I check both everyday because I recently bought the Droid X and I had the Droid before that.

1) The charger that it comes with should be two pieces. It should be a Micro USB (this part plugs into your phone) and the USB Cable (this end plugs into your computer or into the wall charger adaptor). There's also an adapter that is a USB to Wall adapter. So with the two together you can charge using the wall. With just the wire you can charge using the computer and also you can use the cable to sync your photos and videos (I use an DoubleTwist, you can download it for free from the Android Market).

2)To get applications. The easiest way is to click on the "Market" icon and you can just start searching from applications. The application will install to your phone. Any application that you do buy will always be link to your google account and if you get a new phone you can log on the new phone and get those paid applications back without paying for them again. The free application doesn't matter because you can just download them again (there are applications out there that can backup your applications if that's a concern). If you're downloading a lot of applications you might want to connect to wifi if you have one near you because it's faster than the 3G network.

3)Not all application can be deleted. Usually if you can't delete it, it's probably something you want. You can always go to settings/applications/manage applications. After it loads all the application click on the application that you want to delete and if there's an uninstall option then it can be removed, if not then obviously it can't.

Hope that helps. Enjoy your new favorite toy/tool. dancedroid

Last edited:
OP
M

malpert

Reaction score
Thank you for your response.. few more questions. APPRECIATE YOUR HELP

1. RIGHT.. i didnt think about that.. charger does come in 2 pieces

2. Aps is there a free ap that could be sort of like a dashboard.. all stuff in one place?

3. is it possible that there is free droid ap website other than using marketplace?

4. could the droid be programmed to change a tv? open a garage door?
other quirky stuff?

5. with the google mail. is there a way to say SELECT ALL then delete now i have to check each one.

6. how do i associate a different ringtone with each person in my address book

7. Should i turn off wifi or other things so it doesnt drain my battery?

8. How can have my phone act as a wifi spot.. if i go away and there is no wifi available can i "tether" my droid to my computer so i can go on line?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
marv