Hi, I'm Trish, and I'm on my 3rd Droid

TrishtheDish

Reaction score
I went to look at the Droid when it first came out. I was due for an upgrade on Nov 5th, so it was like a calling.... but when I went to look at it, I HATED the keyboard. 2 weeks later, my old phone's battery stops charging and I wasn't going to spend any $ on that thing.... so I decided to just get the Droid. That one stopped charging and the dudes at the Verizon store couldn't get it to do anything so they gave me a replacement. My second one starting acting really weird:

Problems I was having:

-Phone screen would turn off as soon as I made a call. It wouldn't wait until I put it to my ear, so calling voicemail was impossible from that phone unless I slid open the phone just to punch my code in.... ANNOYING.

-Phone screen would stay on, on incoming calls thus resulting in my face hanging up the call.

-Phone screen would NEVER come back on when I wanted to end a call.

- I would get error codes of death randomly when trying to call voicemail. It would say that the call could not be performed, yet it was placing the call.

- When receiving a text message, I would go to open it, and the text would not show up. I would then have to hit the back button, then go back into the message and like magic it finally was there.

-The phone LAGGED severely, unlike my first Droid.

Apparently I should have searched this forum before doing 3 factory resets and finally getting a new one under warranty. I now know not to bother with the Advanced Task Killer!

I hope I get the award for longest introductory post. :icon_ banana:

Oh... my name is Trish, I race cars, scuba dive, sky dive, and do other awesome things. No, I'm not available. :rofl3:

J

JohnDroid

Hey Trish, welcome to the site. Sorry to hear about all the problems your having, my phone has been great for me :(

Welcome though!

OP
TrishtheDish

TrishtheDish

Reaction score
Self inflicted problems according to some... Damn Advanced Task Killer. Thanks for the welcome though. :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Trish. I'm not available either. Hope your Droid works out for you this time. Welcome to the forum. Is this your first smart phone?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Trish. I'm not available either. Hope your Droid works out for you this time. Welcome to the forum. Is this your first smart phone?

This may be the best nes of the day :icon_ devil:

meekless

Reaction score
hello trish,

that sounded like a AA intro lol

sorry to hear about your issues with the droid so far. i had to return my first one as the physical keyboard backlight never came on. it appears the one issue a lot of the phones have had relate to the built in sensors which detect proximity, light levels and so fourth.
i sure hope you get one that doesnt give you any issues soon. my 2nd one has been perfect. and i too have recently realized with help of this forum that the task killers are pointless, and caused my phone to have some lag compared to now without it.

welcome aboard, and are you available?

TimChgo9

Reaction score
Welcome Trish, Droid Owner, and fellow member of the "I'm-Not-Available-Club" ..

Sorry to hear about your problems. However, this forum is great, and I have learned a lot about the ins and outs of this phone.

However, on the Advanced Task Killer issue. I have never had a problem with in... in fact my Droid has worked great out of the box.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I hope I get the award for longest introductory post. :icon_ banana:

Oh... my name is Trish, I race cars, scuba dive, sky dive, and do other awesome things. No, I'm not available. :rofl3:

:icon_ banana: Welcome TrishTheDish to DroidForums :icon_ banana:

It just may be one of the longest intros on the forum :)
Sorry to hear of your previous DROIDs.
I hope the current one is finaly being nice to you :icon_ devil:

It's great that you have joined us here !!! We Hope you enjoy your time in the forums !!!

Enjoy and Have Fun whille you are here :icon_ banana:
Sounds like you are going to fit in here real nice !!

OP
TrishtheDish

TrishtheDish

Reaction score
I knew that would somehow come out like an AA introduction. Luckily I am not an alcoholic (yet ;) )

The whole "I'm not available" deal was because I moderate another forum (read: online sausage fest) where that question gets asked on the daily and I figured I would just get that out of the way. :D

I guess the ATK issues are hit or miss... this new phone is pleasing me so far. It's much faster than the last one, and the sensors seem to be working with no problems. Key words: so far. I'm hoping the supposedly soon OTA update will help... whenever that comes :icon_rolleyes:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome Trish....great to have you here.

Just an FYI, I'm assuming you have long hair? If yes. the problem you were experiencing with the proximity sensor not shutting the screen down is caused by long hair : )

So if by chance you start experiencing that same issue. It's your hair.

Yes I know, strange.... So don't shoot the messenger and all that : )

See you around the forums.

edit: My girlfriend is from Sugarland.

r-dubya

Reaction score
Welcome Trish!

I have received untold amounts of information from this site. Unfortunately I have yet to be able to contribute much to this site as I have been busier then I care to admit.

I also live in Sugarland.

Funny, I never even got a reply to my introduction... it must be because I don't have long hair...

-Dubya

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome r-dubya...Sorry I missed you in the intro thread. So I shall give you the belated welcome aboard.

It's a good thing to be busy it means you are getting things done : )

So from me and the rest of the mods we welcome you.

Texas is too darn hot. I almost died when I went there : ) I don't know how anybody can live there in that heat.

I ate at Papasitos and at a place called Mi's or Mais Kitchen? Can't remember. It's an awesome Vietnamese restaurant with those awesome spring rolls they serve with jalepeno's and lemon juice.

r-dubya

Reaction score
There are probably 300 restaurants with the name of Mai. Houston's Asian population is second only to California. Lots of amazing Asian restaurants!

I lived in California for two years, loved the weather, but hated the people. Too many arses. Not everyone mind you, but they have their fair share. Thanks for the greeting.

Yes busy is a VERY good thing.

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Welcome to the board. By the way, I grew up in Texas (still call it home), I do track days on motorcycles (no racing), scuba dive and used to sky dive. Best of all, I am available! :icon_ devil:

savageseas

Reaction score
Hi Trish. Not alone in replacing droids.

Fun thread. :)

I don't remember if I posted an intro thread. I'll just add here that I've learned a LOT about my Moto DROID by checking this place out - my experience with the phone probably wouldn't have been as good without it. :)

That said, I had numerous issues with my first droid (My issues had its own thread, check my posts if interested) - just set up the 2nd a week ago and so far all's GREAT. Let's hope it stays that way.

Oh and I'm 31 and AVAILABLE. LOL When did this turn into a personal ad forum?! ;)

~J