Hi! I'm suppose to introduce myself so here's goes.

bacardistreats

Reaction score
I'm not sure who's gonna read this but I'll try to make it interesting. I work as an occupational therapist in the field of Geriatrics; I've been a user of LG for years. I bought a droid 4 based on a friend having a droid 3. We thought a droid 4 would kick ass and boy, was I wrong. Unfortunately, I have to get through two years of contracts before I can make the jump to an iPhone so I have to make do with what I have.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Who told you that^^? LOL! Only kidding. So, D4 and you're disappointed. What were you expecting it to do for you? It is nothing more than the best keyboard based phone on the market at the moment. It is running the most stable version of Android ever released, and can do so much more than an iPhone. But seriously, what was it you were hoping for that it isn't living up to? Perhaps we just need to tweak things to your liking (something you can't do with an iPhone), such as with a new launcher, widgets, etc. Or maybe rooting it and flashing a different ROM (can't do that with an iPhone either). Is the problem that all your music is on iTunes or something (yep, there's a way to fix that here too!)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! Definitely let us know what you mean and hopefully we can help you figure some things out :)

OP
B

bacardistreats

Reaction score
Well, my phone rings for no good reason. I posted the problem in the tech category. My phone began ringing with text messages and email alerts since the newest update. I called Verizon and figured out how to stop the phone ringing during email alerts but still have it ring with text messages. I thought the ringing problem was solved but now it rings for no reason that I can possibly imagine. It rings without a single new email arriving, it rings with no new text messages. I've never heard of this problem with the iphone but then I haven't actually taken a survey either. I'd like to have a phone that only rings when I get a text and won't overheat in my pockeet.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Good luck with your issues...have you possibly considered a factory data reset which would wipe all data & apps from the phone and you could start fresh...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well, my phone rings for no good reason. I posted the problem in the tech category. My phone began ringing with text messages and email alerts since the newest update. I called Verizon and figured out how to stop the phone ringing during email alerts but still have it ring with text messages. I thought the ringing problem was solved but now it rings for no reason that I can possibly imagine. It rings without a single new email arriving, it rings with no new text messages. I've never heard of this problem with the iphone but then I haven't actually taken a survey either. I'd like to have a phone that only rings when I get a text and won't overheat in my pockeet.

There is certainly no reason you can't have your phone set to alert for text messages but not ring for phone calls. It's just a matter of what texting app you are using and how it's configured to get alerts. As for the phone ringing, that's a simple fix in the "volumes" setting. Are you using the stock text messaging app or a third party one?

If this is what has you so frustrated I am sure we can provide you the relief you need and deserve and in no time you'll be singing the praises of the D4! dancedroid

OP
B

bacardistreats

Reaction score
VZ navigator doesn't work either. I choose "yes" to open the location settings screen to turn these settings on. My phone rings cause that's what it does when I'm taken to the next page. This page is entitled "location services". I check what I need to check and nothing happens. Other than my phone ringing every a couple of minutes. I'm thinking there has to be like an enter key somewhere, shouldn't there be? :blink: