Hi I'm sort of new. Only been here a few times.

CrazyBlueVelvet

Reaction score
I don't really get how to navigate this whole site or who to ask specific questions from. I got one thread going already with a moderator regarding rooting my x2. Would like to edit profile, but it only lets me change my screen font, color, etc. Doesn't seem to want to take me to where I can change avatar or photo. Also where in this site do I go to ask about Skype? I just wanna know if that's something that can be done on my phone or if I'm showing myself to be an idiot? (I'm a little behind technilogically) as u can probably tell.:icon_ banana:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Hello again ;) If i remember correctly from your other thread you don't have a PC at the moment? If not that's ok you can still do this on your phone. Are you using an app like DroirdForums or Tapatalk to view this site? If you are you should be able to open the app, come to droidforums and at the top click the "more" tab. On that screen you should see a profile option. You should be able to click that and change your avatar.

Another way to do it would be to use your browser and go to droidforums.net. Sign in at the top where it asks you to. Once you are signed in you will see a little tab in the top right corner and "settings" will be one of your options. In settings you can change all of the different categories of your profile.

About the skype question, I'm not sure, The X2 does not have a front facing camera. I know the app will install but using it for video chats may be a problem, you should still be able to use it for voice calls if you'd like. I'd wait for someone to come in give more input on this subject though because skype is one thing I never use. You can post questions about your X2 like that in the X2 sub forum if you'd like to next time.

OP
CrazyBlueVelvet

CrazyBlueVelvet

Reaction score
Droid root

I don't really get how to navigate this whole site or who to ask specific questions from. I got one thread going already with a moderator regarding rooting my x2. Would like to edit profile, but it only lets me change my screen font, color, etc. Doesn't seem to want to take me to where I can change avatar or photo. Also where in this site do I go to ask about Skype? I just wanna know if that's something that can be done on my phone or if I'm showing myself to be an idiot? (I'm a little behind technilogically) as u can probably tell.:icon_ banana:

Thx for all ur answers Go. I'm sure it'll help me. P.s. do u have a fav out of any of the new phones that are android os. A really nice camera is something I'd like on my next phone. Also since i finally know my phone pretty good, will it be easy to use a new droid or a lot different?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Android has remained relatively the same as well as the different manufacturer UIs. There are of course differences but nothing too dramatic and you'll be more than comfortable with a newer phone faster than you think.

As for "best" phone that is completely subjective. As for cameras though, the top tier of both Samsung and HTC phones rank among the top 2 and both can make a case for best camera on android as well.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Yea I made the jump from the X2 to the HD and I'm happy. If you are concerned about the camera I wouldn't pick up the HD. Check out the Note 2 or the DNA.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome aboard!

Iuvussac

Reaction score
I have not been using forum for couple of years. And I can say that forums now is different from forum before. There are definately more people, you can access furum from your mobile. And the last thing - it is introductions. It makes me feel like tolking to real people, not just texting.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hello.. Welcome aboard.. Jump in and enjoy the spot..

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! :)