Hi!! I'm so glad I found this forum............

mustardmoon

Reaction score
Hi there guys!! I am a 42 year old full time student. I have had a Blackberry Storm and a Droid Eris. I just bought a Samsung Exhibit 2 at Walmart this morning and I'm already in panic mode. I took it out and put the simcard and battery in. Then I put it on the charger almost an hour ago. I can't get it to turn on!! I keep hitting and holding the power button on the side and all I get is a battery image on the screen. I held the button down for almost a minute earlier and a message came up about installing a new OS. I don't want to do that! I just want the phone to work. I want to activate and get my new number.What's going on?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I held the button down for almost a minute earlier and a message came up about installing a new OS. I don't want to do that! I just want the phone to work. I want to activate and get my new number.What's going on?

I know we have different phones, but mine did the same thing. Sometimes they come out with an update after the phone is released. You should have a warranty with it in case something goes wrong. But I would let it update & go from there.

BTW, Welcome to the forum.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
First off welcome aboard!

Let the phone update when you get the prompt. Secondly pull the battery out and leave it out for a minute if the phone will still not power on. Re-insert it and power it back on. Remember, DO NOT ignore the update.

OP
M

mustardmoon

Reaction score
No, the message was telling me that I could critically harm the phone by installing a different OS. I told me to push volume down to cancel. I'm wanting to know why it won't power on.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
If this is a new phone, you may want to take it back & ask them to walk you through it. Show them what its doing, maybe, since they sell those phones, they've seen this happen before and would know a little more about. Or just call & tell them you cant get it activated.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
No, the message was telling me that I could critically harm the phone by installing a different OS. I told me to push volume down to cancel. I'm wanting to know why it won't power on.
Did you pull out the battery and leave it out? If no please do so and then re-insert it again after 30 seconds. Press the power button again.

If you did take out the battery, pressing the power button brings up the update screen with option to cancel and when you "cancel" it the phone won't boot? If that happens call T-Mobile and ask them if you canceling the update is the reason the phone won't boot. The update is coming from T-Mobile so I wouldn't be worried about it ruining the phone, but it's your call....

JRParsons

Reaction score
OP, I think you got into a programming menu, that does not sound like an update. Do not do anything if it says you could damage your phone, you may void your warranty.
Stupid question, but when you hit the power button are you sure your not also hitting one of the volume keys.
if a battery pull doesn't fix it, run it back to Walmart and see if they can turn it on.
Good luck

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello & welcome to the forum!

Did you get your issue resolved?

S