Hi, I'm new and need help with my phone

mpeterson53

Reaction score
I'd like to change the apps that appear on my home screen. There are ones that I would like to have there in place of the default ones I rarely use.

I've looked around Market for help, but can't seem to find the information I need.

mpeterson53

rherron

Reaction score
What phone do you have? What apps do you want on your screen?

Typically you delete them from your home screen by dragging them to the bottom center of the screen. Press the button at the bottom of your screen to open app drawer. Long press whatever app you want to move it to your home screen.

OP
M

mpeterson53

Reaction score
What phone do you have? What apps do you want on your screen?

Typically you delete them from your home screen by dragging them to the bottom center of the screen. Press the button at the bottom of your screen to open app drawer. Long press whatever app you want to move it to your home screen.

I have the HTC Android Incredible. I want to move the internet and maps app off the home screen, as I only use them on occasion. I'd like to have my text message shortcut available instead.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to the forum!!

And rherron gave you the proper steps to place what you want on the homescreen. Where there might be an issue (I do not know for sure since I do not have an incredible) is there are some shortcuts on the very bottom of the screen in the black arc I do not think you can change. I know the one in the middle is phone, left I believe your app drawer, but I do not know what the one on the right is. They are part of the OS and they need to stay there unfortunately.

For more customization you could do some research on home replacements such as launcher pro, go launcher ex, and adw. They have a lot of customizable features you may like to check out.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Really.. just press and hold on the app icon, and you can either move it to another screen tab, or delete/uninstall it depending on if your using a launcher or not.