Hi I'm Mammatam and I am new :)

Mammatam

Reaction score
I am buying a Droid 2 this morning dancedroid From a woman who used it for a month and has to sell. I am here because I am wondering what the best sd card is for these phones. I have never owned a droid of any kind b4 and don't want to waste time or money on a bad card. She (the woman I am buying from) is keeping the card that came with the phone because it has her stuff stored on there. Personally I have a micro sd card, but it is a 2 gig and I just don't know if that will suffice for my needs with the droid phone. I posted a message with this question in the accessories thread so hopefully one of you lovely people will be able to answer my question :)
Anyway, I am sure I will have many other questions once I start using the phone and I am glad I found this forum!!
I look forward to talking with someone soon!!

Mammatam AKA Tammy

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're correct, a 2gb card won't suffice :)

I'd recommend at least a 16gb card. The Class of the card determines speed... here's a quick thread I found http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-accessories/134311-best-sdhc-card-upgrade.html and http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-general-discussions/137304-upgrade-sd-card-dx.html
I realize they're regarding the Droid X device but SD cards are the same across all the devices... as far as what to expect from each.

btw... Welcome to the Forums!

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum. Glad you joined us. :)

Now on to business. I would recommend either an 8GB or 16GB SD card. Depending on how much music and other media you plan on storing on your phone. A class 4 card will suffice just fine for basic needs as it is the same class that comes in the phone.

Just an FYI, for future reference please do not cross post the same questions across the board.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

OP
M

Mammatam

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks ya'll I appreciate the help!!
Sorry bout cross posting, I didn't mean it that way :) Was just including my reason for joining in my introduction :)

I guess I can get a card at wal-mart or should I check out a computer or cell phone store for better choices?

I will most likely take lots of pics and video, so I will need a good speed for the video to be clear and the sound to be good. At least that's what I learned with my digital camera. I figures the phone would be the same.

I hope I don't run into any problems getting it set up and activated!!! I am kinda nervous :icon_eek:

Mammatam