hi im charity

charityluv2u

Reaction score
ISo I'm charity and I got my droid about 3wks ago. Its getting fiustrating.it never wants to stay charged. The stupid theme app pandahom screws up my phone idk maybe I'm just not droid inclined. But I wanna throw tbhis out the window. Should have bought a laptop instead. I wanna have fun usuing it but I'm just fed up then I don't think they will ever get flash added on here.someone tell me how to take off the slide unlock crap or add my own without the stupid connect the dots. And I was in market the other day looked at a app phone decided to install aand buy it even when I tried to push cancel so I bojught it even though I don't want it .sry so depresive just done with this phone

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi charity, sorry you're having such a hard time.

Settings, Location & Security...remove the lock pattern, don't "require pattern"

Unistall any app within 24 hrs and you get a refund.

If you want Flash you have to wait in line with the rest of us, we all are eagerly awaiting it:)

But, it is a phone, not a laptop. You can browse the web but a computer is easier for Facebook and things like that. As a mobile device it lets you stay in touch while on the go, but is not a primary device for connecting to the internet.

Your battery should last over half a day. If it doesn't maybe you have a bad battery. Talk to the folks you picked it up from.

Welcome to the forums here, look around, see if there are things you think would make your phone more fun, ask questions, etc.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ISo I'm charity and I got my droid about 3wks ago. Its getting fiustrating.it never wants to stay charged. The stupid theme app pandahom screws up my phone idk maybe I'm just not droid inclined. But I wanna throw tbhis out the window. Should have bought a laptop instead. I wanna have fun usuing it but I'm just fed up then I don't think they will ever get flash added on here.someone tell me how to take off the slide unlock crap or add my own without the stupid connect the dots. And I was in market the other day looked at a app phone decided to install aand buy it even when I tried to push cancel so I bojught it even though I don't want it .sry so depresive just done with this phone

Hi Charity, and welcome to the Droid Forums.

Charity, the Droid is a different type of phone and not everybody is going to love it. You can't take the slide lock off to answer the phone, that's just how it works. You can return any apps that you buy in the market within 24 hours.

We are here to help, but you have to want the help. The fact that you're posting in this forum means 1 of 2 things. Either you want help with your Droid or your just complaining about it. Which is it? Because if you want help that's what we are here for.

We have a faq's that can explain many things for you. Every subforum has stickies on which you should read as well. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask.

I hope you decide to stay, but I also will admit that the Droid isn't for everyone. That's a decision for you to make.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome Charity to the forums,

I moved your thread to the Rescue Squad area.

I see that you have already begun to get some help...

Good Luck and welcome aboard

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
mylock is an app in the market (both free and paid versions) that removes the slidelock...sorry, I thought you were stuck in connect the dots mode when I posted above.

Hook is right, this phone isn't for everyone. The good thing is you are still within your 30 day trial period if you want to swap it for another. Or, you may grow to like it, up to you. Like the slidelock thing, the phone really is flexible.

OP
C

charityluv2u

Reaction score
My phone max charge life maybe 2hr. I had to buy a new charger 2 days after I bought my phone.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My phone max charge life maybe 2hr. I had to buy a new charger 2 days after I bought my phone.

You should be able to bring it back to the store, let them check it out for a few hours and they will give you a new battery when they see yours doesn't charge correctly. Call them first, let them know you are coming, ask how long they need it for and maybe work it around checking out a movie or a shopping trip.

OP
C

charityluv2u

Reaction score
..Sry wasn't here just to complain. Just tired and hrs of tryin to fix small things . Sad thing is I used to be the one to talk to for any prob with a comp. Then i ve been internet free 2yrs now I'm so c@lueless its silly I think my phone is irritating me only. Because I don't k ow how to make it do everything I want it to like I used to on my comp. And yes iknow its not a comp. What I mean is when myspace first came out I was tthe person who made pages for people. Back before there was preset pages and u had to dfo it by coddes. I feel so behind now.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
..Sry wasn't here just to complain. Just tired and hrs of tryin to fix small things . Sad thing is I used to be the one to talk to for any prob with a comp. Then i ve been internet free 2yrs now I'm so c@lueless its silly I think my phone is irritating me only. Because I don't k ow how to make it do everything I want it to like I used to on my comp. And yes iknow its not a comp. What I mean is when myspace first came out I was tthe person who made pages for people. Back before there was preset pages and u had to dfo it by coddes. I feel so behind now.

Don't worry about it, you will be caught up in no time:) If something doesn't work as expected you have the right to complain (nicely) to the store. It could be something is wrong (your battery) or it could be you're not aware of how something works, in which case they'll let you know (or we will) and then you will have learned it, know it, and be able to tell others just like you did before in your Myspace days.