Hi I notice that some apps cant be found on the Tablet Market

knighthonor

Reaction score
Hi I was trying to download Order and Chaos and NOVA2 for my brand new Toshiba tablet. But it say the app cant be found, when I click the install button. Why cant Tablets play these games?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Some apps, especially games, only properly run on certain setups. Maybe it doesn't run properly on the resolution of the Toshiba, maybe it is something else hardware related, or maybe there is something else entirely....

*** Available for:
HTC Desire HD (Ace)
HTC Inspire 4G
HTC Desire S
HTC Desire Z (G2, Vision)
HTC Evo Shift 4G
HTC Incredible 2
HTC Incredible S
HTC MyTouch 4G
HTC Thunderbolt 4G
LG P990 Optimus 2X (Star)
LG P999 (Star, G2x)
Motorola Droid X
Samsung Google Nexus S
Samsung Google Nexus S 4G
Samsung GT-i9000 (Galaxy S, i9000M, i9000B, i9000T)
Samsung GT-i9100 (Galaxy S II)
Samsung SC-02B (Galaxy S)
Samsung SCH-i400 (Continuum)
Samsung SCH-i500 (Fascinate, Galaxy S)
Samsung SGH-T959 (Vibrant)
Samsung SPH-D700 (Epic 4G)
Samsung GT-P1000 (Galaxy Tab)
Samsung SCH-i800 (Galaxy Tab)
Samsung SGH-T849 (Galaxy Tab)
Samsung SPH-P100 (Galaxy Tab)
Sony-Ericsson SO-01C (Xperia Arc)
Sony-Ericsson XPERIA Arc
Sony-Ericsson Xperia Neo
^ is from the O&C Market page https://market.android.com/details?id=com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftMMHM&feature=search_result

Available for:
HTC Desire HD (Ace)
HTC Inspire 4G
HTC Desire Z (G2, Vision)
HTC Evo Shift 4G
HTC Incredible S
HTC MyTouch 4G
HTC Thunderbolt 4G
LG P990 Optimus 2X (Star)
LG P999 (Star, G2x)
Motorola Droid X
Motorola Cliq2
Motorola Droid 2
Motorola Droid 2 Global
Samsung Google Nexus S
Samsung Google Nexus S 4G
Samsung GT-i9000 (Galaxy S, i9000M, i9000B, i9000T)
Samsung SC-02B (Galaxy S)
Samsung SCH-i500 (Fascinate, Galaxy S)
Samsung SGH-i896
Samsung SGH-i897 (Galaxy S, Captivate)
Samsung SGH-T959 (Vibrant)
Samsung SGH-T959V
Samsung SPH-D700 (Epic 4G)
Samsung GT-P1000 (Galaxy Tab)
Samsung SCH-i800 (Galaxy Tab)
Samsung SGH-T849 (Galaxy Tab)
Samsung SPH-P100 (Galaxy Tab)
Sony-Ericsson Xperia Neo
^ is NOVA2's market page. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftN2HM&feature=search_result

Maybe try and get in touch with them somehow, perhaps they are working on an update to get more devices compatible with it?

OP
knighthonor

knighthonor

Reaction score
ahh, dag. Maybe I should have waited before getting a tablet. I didnt know it was like that. :(

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's like that with all Android devices (not just tablets). If your device doesn't meet the app's requirements then you won't see the app in the Market for the device.

OP
knighthonor

knighthonor

Reaction score
hey is this also a issue for the IOS Tablets? or is this a android only issue?

nikecar

Reaction score
android only

No. There are apps that are only for the iPad and not the iPhone, so I'm sure there are some iPhone only apps.

Same thing that some apps are ios and not Android and vice versa

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
android only

No. There are apps that are only for the iPad and not the iPhone, so I'm sure there are some iPhone only apps.

he asked about ios tablets, also known as ipads. so again, android only.

OP
knighthonor

knighthonor

Reaction score
How does IOS handle this issue? Is it possible for Android to also use this same tactic?
I am thinking about taking my tablet back sadly. nothing I can do on it.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
How does IOS handle this issue? Is it possible for Android to also use this same tactic?
I am thinking about taking my tablet back sadly. nothing I can do on it.

Same os versions across devices and one oem so mostly everything is compatible across the devices. With android there are multiple hardware and software differences between devices that causes app incompatibility issues.

nikecar

Reaction score
android only

No ****.
The issue is the same for both. I was bringing up the point that just because something works for one, doesn't mean it works for another. The post I did was in response to the question if ios tablets, yes ipads as I said, had the same issue which I confirmed.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

No ****.
The issue is the same for both. I was bringing up the point that just because something works for one, doesn't mean it works for another. The post I did was in response to the question if ios tablets, yes ipads as I said, had the same issue which I confirmed.

Believe me there is FAR more compatibility between iphones and ipads then there are with android devices.

What apps for iphone don't work on ipad? Serious queston, because I don't know.

OP
knighthonor

knighthonor

Reaction score
In my opinion this will be yet another hurdle that I'll be holding back the android os from ever reaching ios success. There are too few tablet apps. There is no reason for a person to get a android tablet over a I pad if they already have a upper end android phone.

Sent from my AT100 using DroidForums

nikecar

Reaction score
No ****.

Believe me there is FAR more compatibility between iphones and ipads then there are with android devices.

It was iPad apps not working on iPhone, I said based on that, I'm sure there are a few iphone one that don'e work on an ipad. But it was some education apps that we wanted for our child. We subscribe to some homeschool math curriculums and one of the companies had an app but it was only for the iPad.

However, you can easily do a search for a few iPad only apps. Some of the reports are from last year, but they report iPad only apps.
Over One Third Of iPad-Only Apps Are Games (And More Stats) | TechCrunch

Also doing a quick search, there are a number of links to install iPhone-only apps on either an ipod touch or an iPad.

My overall point was to the PP who asked if the same app issue on tablets android phones was occuring with iOS apps. Which is true, there is the same issue.

I just wish some iOS apps I had were made for android. I've got a few games that aren't in the market, but then again, vice versa as some friends with an iPhone cannot get some games i have on my android.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
No ****.

It was iPad apps not working on iPhone, I said based on that, I'm sure there are a few iphone one that don'e work on an ipad. But it was some education apps that we wanted for our child. We subscribe to some homeschool math curriculums and one of the companies had an app but it was only for the iPad.

However, you can easily do a search for a few iPad only apps. Some of the reports are from last year, but they report iPad only apps.
Over One Third Of iPad-Only Apps Are Games (And More Stats) | TechCrunch

Also doing a quick search, there are a number of links to install iPhone-only apps on either an ipod touch or an iPad.

My overall point was to the PP who asked if the same app issue on tablets android phones was occuring with iOS apps. Which is true, there is the same issue.

I just wish some iOS apps I had were made for android. I've got a few games that aren't in the market, but then again, vice versa as some friends with an iPhone cannot get some games i have on my android.

ah ok, got it. Sorry for the misunderstanding there