Hi - I need help with my new bionic please!

lucindanl

Reaction score
My phone is less than a week old. I wanted to copy over some of my music to it and I installed double twist (which didn't copy anything over) and then Motorola Media Link. I plugged in the USB, but the Motorola Media Link told me I don't have any devices connected. I checked to make sure the USB cable and jack work (yes) and then I attempted to power off the phone thinking a reboot might resolve the issue.

I held down the power button until the "Power Off" choice came up. I selected it. 1 1/2 hours later, the phone still says "Power Off, shutting down" and the little wheel is spinning extremely slow and jerky.

What should I do?

gmorgan056

Reaction score
when you plug the usb cable in, pull down the notification bar. Select the USB Connection notification and change to USB Mass Storage. This will allow you to open the files for your SD card so you can transfer music. Once you're done, select the USB notification again and select charge only to close the SD card.

And welcome!:welcome:

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :) Yeah, what Gmorgan056 said should help. Good luck!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
L

lucindanl

Reaction score
stuck in power off - shutting down mode.

The screen is stuck in "Power off - shutting down" mode with the spinning wheel. None of the screen touch controls are available the the 4 buttons at the bottom are not available. I can hit the power button to put it to sleep and I can also hit the power button until the "Airplane mode, something, sleep mode, and power off" selection menu comes up, but selecting these does nothing. It's been stuck like this for 2 1/2 hours now.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The screen is stuck in "Power off - shutting down" mode with the spinning wheel. None of the screen touch controls are available the the 4 buttons at the bottom are not available. I can hit the power button to put it to sleep and I can also hit the power button until the "Airplane mode, something, sleep mode, and power off" selection menu comes up, but selecting these does nothing. It's been stuck like this for 2 1/2 hours now.

Have you tried a battery pull?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

I'm sorry to say this, but that happened to me with my 1st Bionic, but only when trying to do a factory data reset. If you do the battery pull as suggested above, and you still get it, you most likely will want to exchange it for a new phone.

OP
L

lucindanl

Reaction score

I just pulled the battery and it restarted for me. It is also showing that it is connected via USB to the computer now - which it wasn't before. So far, so good.
Thanks for the help.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

I just pulled the battery and it restarted for me. It is also showing that it is connected via USB to the computer now - which it wasn't before. So far, so good.
Thanks for the help.

No problem, glad it worked out for you:) If there's any more problems, just let us know. Good luck!