Hi - I feel like an Idiot. Telus - Milestone question ...

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by npolowski, Mar 26, 2011.

1. npolowski

npolowski New Member

... and I'm looking for some help to customize my Motorola Milestone (Telus). Since I have no bloody idea, I'm at your mercy. I have updated to Froyo 2.2.1 (via Telus), rooted my Milestone (via Universal Androot) , installed ROM manager, and have downloaded this ROM:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...blazing-fast-7-theme-options-many-extras.html (blue theme)

I have been able to reboot the Milestone under ClockWorkMod 2.5.0.7, but get this error when trying to install the theme:

Android system recovery <2e>

Use d-pad to highlight: center to select.

reboot system now
    apply sdcard:update.zip <- which I renamed to update.zip since it didn't list it before I did so
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition

E:Can't open cache/recovery/command

-- Install from sdcard ..
    Finding update package ..
    Opening update package ...
    Verifying update package
    E:failed to verify whole-file signature
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.

npolowski New Member

**UPDATE**
    Now I'm simply trying to apply the Cyanogen Mod but am having little success using this guide:

HOW TO: Flash Telus Motorola Milestone to Android 2.2/2.3 ยป Daniel Arndt

I now get this error:
    In the above guide, it says to use RSD Lite to flash first Telus 2.2.1 ROM (step #3), but I'm having no success. Since I'm on Win 6 x64, I have to use RSD Lite using a command prompt command the app's GUI won't let me select the sbf file ("Start" remains greyed-out after selecting the file). When I do manage to get it started via a command prompt, plus made sure phone was in bootloader mode and connected via USB, it the flash failed immediately with 0x7100 error in RSD Lite.

Any ideas? Try using a computer running Win XP?
  3. dantrimental

dantrimental New Member

Hi npolowski,

As discussed in the valuable comments by Jeremy, if you're coming from the official 2.2, you won't need to bother flashing the leaked 2.2. You will however, need to flash the vulnerable recovery which he provides a link to.

With regards to RSD lite: Two things come to my mind that may be causing your problem
    1) Windows may need admin privilege to preform the operations, and when you run from command prompt it doesn't have those. (pure guess, I know nothing about windows) You can also try running RSD Lite in Win XP compatibility mode with admin?
    2) Your download may be corrupt. Try re-downloading the file.

If neither of those work, one commenter had troubles with RSD Lite and was able to get everything working by installing Ubuntu (using WUBI, which installs inside of windows like a program, so no risk) and using the Linux flashing program instead. Depends how adventurous you're feeling.

Hope this is somewhat useful to you, and if you have any questions let me know. Good luck!

Cheers,
    Daniel Arndt
  4. npolowski

npolowski New Member

Ok - managed to RSD Lite to work on a WinXP machine, followed the steps in the guide, and now my phone is stuck in bootloader:

Bootloader
    Err:A5,69,00,23

Battery OK
    OK to Program
    Connect USB
    Data Cable

** EDIT - my bad, istalled the Droid vers and not Milestone. Testing Vers. 7.0 RC3 now for Milestone :)
  5. dantrimental

dantrimental New Member

Excellent. I'm glad to hear you got it working. If you have any further questions feel free to leave a message here or my website.
Search tags for this page

milestone 2.2.1 root update.zip