Hi. I am new here, too. I'm looking forward to learning from you.

Empath1

Reaction score
The battery of my Droid RAZR, a few months old, is suddenly running out alarmingly fast - in about 8 hours instead of 48. I don't have many apps and close out everything I do use, regularly (included are phone calls, texts, a few internet sites here and there.) I don't surf, rarely check email, or hang out in social networks. I do plug it in when the life is under 40% and leave it charging overnight a lot. Could this be the problem? I asked the sales person at the Verizon store if it was ok and she said it was, although it should fully charge in one hour or so. What's wrong?

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
Welcome to the site!! Im sorry I dont know a lot about the RAZR. Hopefully someone can help. :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the droid forums...your phone would greatly benefit from using your device all the way down to 15% battery...then POWER IT OFF ..allow to charge all the way to 100%......use as normal...

Now it would benefit the device to charge powered completely off to 100%..but that's not always an option. ..

Another thing..download gsam an app that's free on the play store...

Allow it to run and use the appsucker to see what's eating your battery. Often times its Facebook or something like that. .you'll need to see for yourself.

Another thing.. clear the cache...getting the link for that walk through...

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome to the forum!

Definitely try out what 94lt1 has suggested and let us know how it goes! Good luck!