Hi from new Droid user in NY

shinystarlet

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm glad to have found the forums. So far I am having a good experience with my Droid. Getting used to the different keyboard is a bit rough coming from the b lackberry.
The camera and browser are awesome.

I came over here to find some help with google mobile apps. Its billed as a google phone which ilove yet I can't figure out how to get shortcuts for the calendar,docs,and reader onto the desktop.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks and happy droid using.

sir

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :) Coming from an iPhone (my first personal smartphone) and several Blackberries (work), I can agree that it takes some getting used to the keyboards on the Droid. But over time I've found it to be quite pleasing in comparison.

An easy way to create a shortcut to a website is to create a bookmark for it. Then on the homescreen touch and hold in an open area and select "Shortcut" from the menu. Then select "Bookmark" from the list of choices, and select the one you want.

That should give you shortcuts to all of the google pages.

If you have your GMail account linked to the phone, you can also use the "Calendar" app to access your Google Calendar. I use NewsRob in the Market for accessing my Google Reader. It will sync and download content so you can read stuff without needing signal or wifi. You can also press and hold on one of those icons to create a link to it on the homepage for easy access.

Hope this helps!

OP
S

shinystarlet

Reaction score
Great. I will do that. I already got newsrob so I am glad to here that you like it.
Have a great night.