Hi. Currently rooted and want new ROM

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by dmatch, Feb 26, 2012.

1. dmatch

dmatch New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Total noob here. I rooted my Samsung Charge using the odin all in one package from xda-dev ([ODIN][ALL IN ONE][EP4D] Gingerbread 2.3.6 W/Root/CWR/IMO Kernel 4.0 - xda-developers)

I would like to try a new ROM and hear everyone talk about CWM (I think it is installed with this package?).

Here's my question and I can't seem to find an answer to directly and don't want to proceed before I know for sure:

After a phone is rooted, do you still use ODIN to flash a new one? or can you flash a new ROM straight from a zip in your sdcard without using your pc or ODIN?

I've looked and can't find a guide specifically talking about how to install a new ROM/KERNAL after root is achieved.

Thanks for helping out the clueless.

Also, I read in several places the Charge does not like ROM Manager. Any suggestions for something in place of it?

2. NicoleNXD

NicoleNXD Member

Ratings:
    +1
    You flash a new from through your recovery in zip format. Do not unzip. I don't know about rom manager not playing nice with the charge, never had that phone. But if you want to give it a try download rom manager. Open up the app and at the very top click flash recovery. It will flash the recovery and you should be good to go. After you have the recovery flashed, download the rom of your choice either on your phone or PC. If downloaded on PC transfer file to the phone and flash the rom in clockwork. I would suggest not letting rom manager install the rom for you as I have heard things can get messed up so it's best to flash manually in recovery. You would flash kernels and themes the same way. Hope that helps =)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Search tags for this page
flash samsung1510
how to root android samsung sch i510 eithoutout pc

how to root samsung charge 1510 without a computer

root download for samsung sch i510 droid phone without pc
rooting samnsng sch 1510
samsung sch 1510 flash rom
samsung sch-i510 droid razr odin
sch-i510 roms
sgh1510v root with gingerbreak
xda samsung i510