Hi! and stuff

djsbad

Reaction score
Hey all,

My name is djsbad. My friends call me djsbad for short. In your case though, I will make an exception and let you call me djsbad. ;)

OK, let me get right to it. You can really call me dj since djsbad is so long to type out and can really be confusing to people.

Seriously though,

Yeah, right. Me? Serious? HA! NEVER! YOU CANT MAKE ME!!

Anyways.

I am glad to be here and thanks to my wife for finding you all. I got the droid x last year before verizon even released them to the public. We got the free netbooks with it. (My wife got the same deal). I loved the droid x but my heart always lied with the iPhone. I could not wait when I found out that Verizon was going to be releasing the iPhone to its existing customers! We went from the droid x to the iPhone without any questions asked.

After a few months with the iPhone, I began to miss MANY of the features that the android phones had to offer. For one, and probably the biggest thing I missed was the flash support. Owning several different websites of my own, I use flash for things on my websites such as arcade games and other features. Since the Droid X was my very first smartphone, I never realized how important flash was going to become to me....until I went to the iphone. I couldnt do a TON of stuff with the iphone that I could with the droid x. (One of the funniest things about all of this is that the iphone comes with Nike+ built in to it. It amazes me that the ENTIRE Nike+ website is built from flash! You can use the app, but you cant do anything on the website from ALL apple products. How retarded is that?) One of the other features that I missed, a lot, was the widget features. I do a lot of yard work and one of the most important information apps I can have on my phone is the weatherbug application. With the android phones, I can add a widget directly onto my home screen for live radar and also for a simple three day forecast that can be customized to look however I want it to look. With apple, I pay three times as much for the same weatherbug mobile app, (uh-oh. Apple might sue me for saying that, because, you know, it's all they know how to do...) and I can only have a 'widget' that takes me to the mobile app. When I am in between jobs driving my truck with a stick shift, I don't want to have to screw around navigating my phone to get the latest weather info. With the droid, I just look at it.

Of course, this is just one of about a gazillion widgets that I can refer to. Another big feature that I missed with the android devices is the docking stations. I love laying my phone out in a landscape position and watching it transform into the coolest night time display ever. Apple doesnt have a compatible product to even go into landscape mode. Other things I love about android over the others is removable batteries that can be swapped out for fully chraged ones when your current one is empty, selectable sized micro sd cards in the various phones, 4g, yes i said 4g, and the list just goes on and on including larger screen sizes and whatnot.

After recently seeing that apple only gets anywhere in the world today by suing everyone and everything for whatever they can think of, I have developed a fond hatred for apple. I wouldnt be surprised to see that apple will start suing people for breathing because they have a patent on the air and lung design interface. One of my biggest hates for apple is that stupid itunes. Man, steve jobs, YOU SUCK! BIG TIME! I hope samsung destroys apple in eery lawsuit and eventually puts apple out of business. I hate apple and I hate their products and I hate steve jobs.

Anyways, After only a couple of months with the iphone, I couldnt handle the lack of interest int he phone and went back to the android based phone and bought the Samsung DROID Charge. Oh yeah, After about three days of playing around with various phones and MASSIVE researching, I am in no way whatsoever upset or disappointed with my choice. I hated the revolution and the thunderbolt was just plain stupid in my eyes. All of the features in the various different phones are great, but none of it matters when you cant use it to its full potential. 4g service and the battery life is AWESOME with the Samsung Charge. The other phones couldnt even touch the battery life on the charge. The apps are great, but if the battery is dead, I guess it doesnt really matter, does it? One of the other things that sold me on the samsung is the fact that it is a samsung. There is only ever one product that has let me down by samsung and that is the first omnia. I hated that phone. I finally got rid of it and right after I did, they released the omnia 2. Oh well. Almost all of my products are samsung, washer and dryer, microwave, 47" lcd tv, 24" lcd tv, 36" lcd tv, 3d blu ray, theater system you name it. I have always been a big fan of samsung and they have never let me down. Again, the charge has followed the class of other samsung products I have grown to love, perfection, quality and performance.

I'm a die hard droid guy from here on out. I apologize to all the droid users here for my lack of clarity and my brief period of weakness by going to the iphone when it came out, but I have been rehabilitated, seen the light and repented of my ways and have turned my droid leaf back over. I hope you can forgive my digital sins.

Oh yeah, before I forget, I'm bad. Hence the name.

SuperDJ, er, um, djsbad hehehehe

countrygirl23

Reaction score
Well um I am djsbad's wife here Angel. I hope you enjoy his antics here cause you will love him and hang around him.

I agree with what he says about Apple suing. I have always loved my Ipod Touch and always wanted it into a phone. Got it loved it for a few weeks after playing with it, I felt like I just own an Ipod cause I don't talk on the phone much at all. Maybe once a week cause I am hard of hearing. I rely on text and emails the most until I get me a new hearing aid that has blue tooth capability. Samsung has never let me down since owning majority of their products.

I truly miss all the features that the Droids have and of course I love the little green Droid too. :greendroid: Also I miss hearing DROID on the phone.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome DJ and Country Girl.

Rooting and ROMing make the Android phones even better

SkyNet Liberty AOSP

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, both of u. Glad u joined us and if u have n e questions, I'm sure the community will be able to assist u. Have fun and enjoy ur stay...

ALOHA from the Hawaiian D2G / DX / Xoom

kparks

Reaction score
WOW i just read all that congrats on putting the time in on writing all of that :) glad ur happy with ur samsung phone and hope everything works out with it im a big samsung guy myself but i wont buy there phones.....YET lol ill take a SAMMY TV anyday tho... Welcome to the DROID FAMILY BRO!!

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
WOW i just read all that congrats on putting the time in on writing all of that :) glad ur happy with ur samsung phone and hope everything works out with it im a big samsung guy myself but i wont buy there phones.....YET lol ill take a SAMMY TV anyday tho... Welcome to the DROID FAMILY BRO!!

Congrats to you too for reading all that

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

kparks

Reaction score

Congrats to you too for reading all that

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
it was very informative :) lol

OP
D

djsbad

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes.

I should point out one small tiny itty bitty little thingy though. I was welcomed to the droid family. It should be welcome BACK to the droid family! I hope I dont lose sleep over all of this. HAHAHA

Oh, I'm a hoot.

Oh yeah, and I'm bad too. Cant forget bad. Thats important.