Hi and Questions from Rookie....

Bee Cee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Hi, Becky from NC....just got a new phone.. changed from LG G2 to a Droid Turbo and trying to figure it out....(not that I ever figured out everything on my previous phones...lol)
Finally was able to download songs from PC (Goggle Play) to my phone and ringtones using Ringdroid.
Now, trying to figure out how to download songs that are in my Amazon Songs folder ON MY PHONE into Ringdroid so I can use them as ringtones. Also, clueless on how to cut up songs for ringtones. Any help appreciated. The more details and specifics the better! Thanks so much!!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Welcome aboard Becky!

I'm not 100% certain, but I would assume that songs from Amazon are likely protected by DRM or other code that won't allow you to do much with them other than play them. Are these songs you paid for individually, or that you downloaded as part of your Prime membership?

As for cutting songs up, Ringdroid was going to be the app that I suggested there. Unfortunately, I don't have any first-hand experience with doing that either, so I can't be of much help there other than that I know that Ringdroid has been a popular app for doing things like that for a long time.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will come by before too long and shed some better light on this stuff for you, but I'm glad you joined us!

OP
Bee Cee

Bee Cee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Thanks so much. I noticed later that several of my Amazon songs somehow ended up in Ringdroid. Not all of them, maybe 5-6. However, there is only a slice of the song as if it were already a ringtone....not sure how that happened...and naturally, the slice of song that is there isn't what I would have 'sliced'. LOL :) And yes, I did finally figure out how to cut up the songs on Ringdroid just from playing with it. Just need to figure out how to get my Amazon songs on there. Thanks again!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Amazon songs are hard to deal with..they have them very restricted for artist permissions.. And when you do download them, say into Poweramp.. Which you're not using....if you rename them, then the song is 30 seconds long..its strange...

And when you make a ringtone out of them, they sometimes put themselves in the vault folder of your file explorer..under virtual SD card...at least....this has happened several times to me on my turbo..