Hi All

ndbf

Reaction score
Just switched from a dingleberry to the droid.
While everything seems like comon sense the dam thing says "DROID" all night long.
I'm over 60 but the first time it did that I left the bed like a scalded dog. Can you turn that sound off?

Thanks

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just switched from a dingleberry to the droid.
While everything seems like comon sense the dam thing says "DROID" all night long.
I'm over 60 but the first time it did that I left the bed like a scalded dog. Can you turn that sound off?

Thanks

Welcome, ndbf! Glad to have you with us! OK, +1 for the funniest first post I have ever read!

Your email account ringtone is probably still set to Droid. To change it, pull up the gray handle at the bottom of your screen (the app drawer) and find the Email icon. Open it and touch your email account. While the account is open touch the Menu soft key (the four bars on the edge of the Droid) and select Account Settings. In there, you'll find a setting (Select Ringtone) for that account and you can change it to the second one on the list which is silent if you'd like.

OR alternately, you can go to Menu > Settings > Sounds & display > and you can select the first option which is Silent mode. This silences everything but media and the alarm clock until you turn it on again.

Make yourself at home and jump right in! Everyone is here to help and learn! Reading the threads on the forum will only increase how much you enjoy that new Droid! The possibilities for customization are endless!

:welcome:

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Hahahaha now thats funny.

Welcome to the forums and any questions or concerns feel free to post up in the correct section of the forum and many of the fine helpful people here will give you all the answers you need and then some.