1. MoonDragn

MoonDragn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there! I have been reading this forum for years now and have decided to actually register an account and post. I am a 46 year old male living in Maryland and I am working in the IT field.

My first smart phone was the original Motorola Droid, it was pretty rugged but it did not survive the rough handling I gave it and eventually the screen stopped responding to my touches and I had to find alternative ways to get to my menus and apps.

I upgraded to a X2 about 2 years ago and was happy to have my touch screen back, but it seemed to me there was not much improvement over the original, especially the short battery life.

Recently I brought a Razr Maxx for my wife, and I loved the long battery life. It seems to last forever compared to my X2.

So when my phone was up for an upgrade at the end of March, I looked at the Razr Maxx first. However some new smart phones caught my eye so I did some research on what new phones were available. I decided Sony Xperia was the best of the bunch. However it was not available for Verizon so I looked at my other choices. I compared the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the HTC One, and both had its strong points. What finally decided me was the fact that the S4 was available now for Verizon and the HTC One wasn't. I can't wait for a new phone anymore as my X2's batteries now die after 1 hour of continuous use.

After looking at Verizon's shared data plans, I discovered I would be saving about $30/month if I kept my current plan, which would pay for a new phone without a contract in 2 years. So I decided to get the new phone at full price and keep my existing plan which includes unlimited data.

So my preordered S4 is in the mail and I am anxiously waiting for its arrival.

#1 MoonDragn, May 22, 2013
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
  2. leeshor

leeshor Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,676
    Welcome to the forum. You will love your S4 too.

3. wicked

wicked Administrator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,740
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    @MikeAlvez
    Welcome to Droid Forums! You're going to love the S4. I'm loving mine! :cool-b:

4. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force 2
    Twitter:
    smalltownlife13
    Congrats on the upcoming S4 and welcome aboard!

And if you haven't found it :)...we do have a sister site dedicated to the S4... Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

5. bkdodger

bkdodger Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,408
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Welcome to the forum.. Great to have you join us... Congrats on the great pickup..

Noted 2x- beta testing

6. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Welcome to Droid Forums!! Just got my s4 today, great choice, you will not be disappointed!!

7. SFGate

SFGate Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the site. Hope you are enjoying your S4. DancingNexus

8. Dalvik_Cache

Dalvik_Cache Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +125
    I had the Bionic, X2, DNA, S4, Optimus G, etc. etc. and now the Moto X. You will absolutely love the S4. Its an exceptional phone! :) Im in IT as well, so I can relate. Let me know if you have any questions or issues!