Hi all!

MoonDragn

Reaction score
Hi there! I have been reading this forum for years now and have decided to actually register an account and post. I am a 46 year old male living in Maryland and I am working in the IT field.

My first smart phone was the original Motorola Droid, it was pretty rugged but it did not survive the rough handling I gave it and eventually the screen stopped responding to my touches and I had to find alternative ways to get to my menus and apps.

I upgraded to a X2 about 2 years ago and was happy to have my touch screen back, but it seemed to me there was not much improvement over the original, especially the short battery life.

Recently I brought a Razr Maxx for my wife, and I loved the long battery life. It seems to last forever compared to my X2.

So when my phone was up for an upgrade at the end of March, I looked at the Razr Maxx first. However some new smart phones caught my eye so I did some research on what new phones were available. I decided Sony Xperia was the best of the bunch. However it was not available for Verizon so I looked at my other choices. I compared the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the HTC One, and both had its strong points. What finally decided me was the fact that the S4 was available now for Verizon and the HTC One wasn't. I can't wait for a new phone anymore as my X2's batteries now die after 1 hour of continuous use.

After looking at Verizon's shared data plans, I discovered I would be saving about $30/month if I kept my current plan, which would pay for a new phone without a contract in 2 years. So I decided to get the new phone at full price and keep my existing plan which includes unlimited data.

So my preordered S4 is in the mail and I am anxiously waiting for its arrival.

Last edited:

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Welcome to Droid Forums! You're going to love the S4. I'm loving mine! :cool-b:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Congrats on the upcoming S4 and welcome aboard!

And if you haven't found it :)...we do have a sister site dedicated to the S4... Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Welcome to the forum.. Great to have you join us... Congrats on the great pickup..

Noted 2x- beta testing

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! Just got my s4 today, great choice, you will not be disappointed!!

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Hope you are enjoying your S4. DancingNexus

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had the Bionic, X2, DNA, S4, Optimus G, etc. etc. and now the Moto X. You will absolutely love the S4. Its an exceptional phone! :) Im in IT as well, so I can relate. Let me know if you have any questions or issues!