Hi all, new member

jtucker37

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new member to the site, but have read for a little while now. Just rooted my droid 2.1 today with SPRecovery and going by radar3d's guide. Everything went well as far as nandroid backup, rooting, installing busybox, metamorph, etc... I have tried to load 2 different custom roms onto my droid after doing this, smokedglass and BB. Both seemed to be fine initially, but when it came time to reboot both got stuck at the loading video for 20 min+. So now im back to stock rooted in 2.1 and could use some guidance. Thanks in advance guys

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Well my advice is BB 1.1 smoked glass but I'm guessing that's not in the future :D

Weird, it has been flawless for me. 1.0 almost doubled my sorry batter life and I'm hoping that 1.1 will improve it more.

Hope you find everything you're looking for, because I'm sure it's here somewhere... including loads of ROMs. I downloaded ROM manager and has made switching ROMs WAY TOO EASY. You might think about it. Doing back ups is also easier.

OP
J

jtucker37

Reaction score
I actually just downloaded rom manager. Now when I installed BB I changed the file name to update and did it that way. Is there a better way to do it using rom manager? Thanks again.