hi all need some answers please

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by goingcrazzy, Apr 22, 2010.

1. goingcrazzy

goingcrazzy New Member

Hi all

i am new to the droid upgraded a few weeks agao my droid is on 2.1 update-1 amd i have gone through the process of flashing recovery
    i still do not have root access and i am currently looking for a custom rom

useing the droid for a while now i find some things that are bothering me a bit
    and have been looking at differant roms and reading the change logs and so on trying to find
    some answers but to no evail

so can some one point me in the right dirrection here please or are these quarks just something i have to deal with

phone
    1. when hanging up from a call it defaults back to call log this seams to happen eaven dialing from a direct dial short cut
    2. where did the speed dial go it works for voice mail and 911 but no opp to set any other speed dial numbers
    this one realy bugs me as this has been a feature on every other phone i have picked up eaven basic phones
    messsaging
    1. when you start a new message thir is no way to get to contacts the driod in the upper left corner highlights like it is supposed to do something but it doesent other phones pull up a contacts and fav icons
    apps
    1. apps allways loading takeing up memory i dont use corp cal , email, amozon mp3 i think i found the answer to this one scripts

the biggest question that i have is thir a rom that does not have a over clocked kernels
  2. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle Android Addict Premium Member

A lot of the ROMs now have a stock kernel installed by default, or available that you can use.

As for the call log after making a call, look for NotCallLog (I think it's called) on the market. That'll let you choose what happens after making a call.
  3. joef78

joef78 New Member

Handcent SMS will have an option for this.
  4. goingcrazzy

goingcrazzy New Member

handcent sms?
  5. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Handcent SMS, it's a free app in the Market that a lot of people use for texting.