Hi all!! Need instructions ;)

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by Il Pomo, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Il Pomo

Il Pomo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First of all sorry for my bad English. I'm Italian and I bought some time ago a Motorola Milestone.

Browsing the Internet I arrived on your fantastic forum, and I noticed in particular this topic.

As soon as I saw the Ultimate Droid Theme I was fascinated by it, is nothing short of stunning!

What I was wondering is if I as a possessor of Droid European I could install anyway your theme or if there was some problem of incompatibility. If possible, I also need some instructions on how to proceed, I'm not very experienced with Android. Currently I have installed the version 2.1 of Android, I do not have root permissions because I don't know how to activate them.

Awaiting your reply thank you all in advance and renewal compliments for this fantastic forum and for your splendid achievements!

2. supr2nr

supr2nr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello! Your English was perfect so no need to apologize.

Unfortunately, that theme will only work if you root your phone and install his ROM or OS. There are a bunch of instructions on the site however, on how to root your phone easily and get this ROM installed if you want to do it. Much easier than it appears to be.

3. christim

christim Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    The problem being the Milestone can not flash any roms. That phone requires roms to be signed, which means only official updates (new roms by the manufacturer) can be loaded at this time.

This means Il Pomo can't use any of the roms available in that section of this forum - Android Roms

But the phone can be rooted. The sbf file for the phones in different countries is...different. Flashing the wrong one can cause problems.

Milestone 2.1 with the correct sbf file applied puts it back at 2.01 and then it can be rooted. At that point all sorts of themes can be applied. Themes just change the graphics on existing applications on the phone and can give you a similar look to the images you saw in the link you provided.