1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Hey

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by notw53, Oct 15, 2010.

1. notw53

notw53 New Member

Hey everyone! My name is Ryan and I've owned a Droid X for about 2 months now. It's currently rooted and running Flyx on Froyo 2.2. I absolutely love the flexibility and customization that's possible with Android, not to mention the endless possibilities with these phones in general. I've been getting helpful tips and tricks off this forum for a while now so I decided I would finally join. And oddly enough I already have a question. Within about the past 2.5 weeks, my X has been rebooting about once every 2 days. It seems to get stuck on the lock screen. I slide to unlock, it freezes and then reboots. It started happening after I installed the R2D2 lock screen theme, so the first thing I did was uninstall that. That hasn't seemed to work as the problem continues. If anybody has had this problem and knows how to fix it or simply has some suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again!

Ryan
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Welcome! Moving to the X general discussion section.
  3. notw53

notw53 New Member

Seriously? Nobody else has had this issue?
  4. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

Not familiar with the X so much, but did you make a backup before adding the theme?

Sent from somewhere...
  5. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

On the leaked 2.2 or the OTA one? If ur still on the leaked id sbf back to 2.1 and take the update I had a lot of random reboots and I did this and now its fixed

Sent from my phone... which happens to be a Droid X
  6. notw53

notw53 New Member

Yes. I always do a back up before I do anything to the phone. It just seems like a random glitch in Flyx or something. Hasn't acted up as much since I made the post but it was pretty consistent at the time I asked for input.
  7. notw53

notw53 New Member

I didn't even mess with the leaked version of Froyo. It's the OTA update. Then rooted and installed Flyx.