Hey!

rememberandhope

Reaction score
Hi I'm Emmy, I'm 15 and I am getting a droid within the next week (hopefully, my parents are opposed to spending money on a data plan, but we will see). I came here so that if I have any problems with my droid, or I can help anyone else I can come here. I am and have always been the techie one, especially in terms of phones and other non computer tech. I really want to learn more, so I came here.

Thanks,

Emmy

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm Emmy, I'm 15 and I am getting a droid within the next week (hopefully, my parents are opposed to spending money on a data plan, but we will see). I came here so that if I have any problems with my droid, or I can help anyone else I can come here. I am and have always been the techie one, especially in terms of phones and other non computer tech. I really want to learn more, so I came here.

Thanks,

Emmy

Hi Emmy, and :welcome: to the Droid Forums. It's my experience that young people are a lot smarter then some of us old folks when it comes to high tech devices. But that 30.00 data plan may be a bit much. Are you working at all? If you help pay for the data plan, that might encourage your parents to go along with it.

Good luck. :)

OP
R

rememberandhope

Reaction score
Yes I am working and have offered to pay for part of the plan, but since we have a family plan (5 lines) they cant just have me have data without everyone having data . My parents are plain old feature phone kind of people, they don't need or want data. My sister is the opposite of me, as long as she can call and text she doesn't care what kind of phone she has. The only other line is my grandfather, who is 97 years old and has the oldest phone in the book (almost as old as him, it was my first phone way back 4 years ago). I am going to work on them today though because the reason I want this phone is because I feel left out among my techie friends who always tease me about not having a cool phone but always talking about how theirs sucks (they all have iphones, which I am morally opposed to). I also often go to the Engadget show and I always feel self conscious because I am the only one there with a feature phone (my most recent phone was the alias, which broke due to humidity damage). But hey, they are my parents so I cant really do anything about it. I just have to calmly talk to them and explain.

warrior21

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Emmy

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk