Hey Zero, help me out please

Shusuke028

Reaction score
alright, although I do have adb installed and everything. Is it possible to just use the partition option in ROM Manager so the partitioning will be done automatically?

And if so, where would I go from there to activate apps2ext?

Z

ZeroBarrier

also, do you know much about sdk/adb on ubuntu?

No, sorry. I do almost everything from my windows box.

alright, although I do have adb installed and everything. Is it possible to just use the partition option in ROM Manager so the partitioning will be done automatically?

And if so, where would I go from there to activate apps2ext?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-d1-miui/102754-hey-zero-help-me-out-please.html#post1054158

it comes back with invalid argument when i try to do the mount

Are you sure your SD card is partitioned and has an ext partition?

OP
JStandiford21

JStandiford21

Reaction score
Well, I'm beginning to wonder if it is still partitioned. It was and I haven't reformatted my sd card so it should be, but its not looking like it.

And yea, I used adb just fine in windows, but in linux i'm having a hard time.

OP
JStandiford21

JStandiford21

Reaction score
Zero, I know this thread has died, but I'm just now finally getting around to deciding to do this, lol. I have Windows installed on my PC again so going to give it a try.

Without formatting my sd card, is their anything else that would cause my card to no longer be partitioned?

OP
JStandiford21

JStandiford21

Reaction score
Ok Zero, so I attempted this and I get all the way to the last part with the script and after starting it, I get this.

I did the command to format the partition like it says and tried the script again but I get the same message.

Thanks for your help.

Z

ZeroBarrier

Did you chmod 644 e2fsck? It seems like you forgot because it's trying to run e2fsck.

Also, I've been testing this a lot and recommend not to bind /data/data/. The performance hit is proportionate to how many apps you have installed. Firerat originally made this script for G1 users, and since they have very limited internal memory, it helps them way more than D1 users.

OP
JStandiford21

JStandiford21

Reaction score
I thought I did, but I will go back through and make sure and do that.

And ah, ok, thanks for the advice on that.

Z

ZeroBarrier

Yeah, the more apps you install with the data/data/ bind, the more of a performance hit you get, so it's really not worth it. Just having the data/app/ on sd-ext is enough to install a ton of apps while keeping performance optimum.

OP
JStandiford21

JStandiford21

Reaction score
Yeah, the more apps you install with the data/data/ bind, the more of a performance hit you get, so it's really not worth it. Just having the data/app/ on sd-ext is enough to install a ton of apps while keeping performance optimum.

Sweet, good to hear.

So I just ran the chmod 644 and tried the script again and I get the same thing..hmm.....

Is it having issues mounting my sd-ext partition?

Z

ZeroBarrier

Do you have root explorer? If you do check to see if /system/bin/e2fsck has rw-r--r-- as permissions, also check if /system/etc/init.d/20userinit has rwxr-x---

Z

ZeroBarrier

Check your pm, it will be easier to do this through Gtalk.