Hey, Site Owner, how does this site work?

ErnieGilman

Reaction score
I've run into a problem since the latest Droid2 update. A WAV file that I copied from my computer into my phone, which used to sound once when I received a notification, now repeats infinitely until I get to the phone and scroll down to observe the notification.

But I can't find out the proper way to find discussions of WAV files on this site because the search engine wants something longer than WAV. Really? If I want to see who has problems with IBM devices of some sort, I couldn't find them, because the site can't search for them? I can't search for PC either, evidently. Could this be changed?

Also, it would be helpful if "Advanced Search" allowed me to search only in the Droid2 forum. I know that some other model might work the same as mine, but I'd like to at least start out searching for help with my Droid2 and not have to weed out answers for the RAZR, Nexus, etc.

Thanks...

I see that I'm supposed to separate tags by a comma. Is that a comma AND a space, or just a comma? I'm leaving out the space as the instructions say to separate tags using a comma.

I can't specify PC as a tag, either, because it's too short. Does everyone type "personal computer" when they want to say "PC" of the "IBM" - ish variety? How does one state that they're not using an Apple, but instead a ______________ ?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Sometimes it's easier if you use google and include "droid forums" in your search when looking for stuff on this site

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

OP
ErnieGilman

ErnieGilman

Reaction score
Search for WAV file, for starters...
I searched for wav file, without capitalizing it, and I got the message that one or more bla bla bla was too short and I should try more letters. I'm not quoting, but that was the gist of it.

Please try it yourself, if you have not. Perhaps I am doing something strange, and seeing someone else not get that message would be a good pointer.

Re CJM's message: sigh. Would you write out an example? You mean I should search for, but not use the quotation marks, for instance
"copy wav file from PC to droid2 and not have it repeat and repeat when initiated droid forums" ? Because that's what I want to know. I don't see how a google search can give me fewer answers than a search of this site, unless it's just that the search engine here is inadequate.

OP
ErnieGilman

ErnieGilman

Reaction score
Interesting. I DID try again, with Advanced search, and I did not see the same error message! Further interesting, Advanced search, specifying forums but making no other special choices, there were zero results. Now see the next paragraph.

Then I thought, well, maybe the problem was not with Advanced search, but with the normal search at the right side of the page. But I tried that and got pages of results. I just don't know what I did before!

Thanks for the help. I'll slog through the answers to see if there's help here.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
CJM is 100% right and here is a perfect example...

xc900g.png