Hey! (root on mac book help)

droidnoob101

Reaction score
Hey how you guys doing im new to the forum and new to smart phones. I love the droid iv been none stop playen around and reading up on them since i got mine over christmas break. Iv been looking into rooting and i know alot of people are fed up with threads on the topic so if anyone who has rooted a droid using a mac book reads this please PM me i need some help (or anyone who thinks they can afford the time to help me out that would be cool too). Iv tried it and now alot about it i just cant seem to get the damn thing to upload.

All in all just wanted to say hey and introduce myself, im 20 and play college football, and my dream car is a R34 skyline V spec NUR =)

Siel

Reaction score
Hey how you guys doing im new to the forum and new to smart phones. I love the droid iv been none stop playen around and reading up on them since i got mine over christmas break. Iv been looking into rooting and i know alot of people are fed up with threads on the topic so if anyone who has rooted a droid using a mac book reads this please PM me i need some help (or anyone who thinks they can afford the time to help me out that would be cool too). Iv tried it and now alot about it i just cant seem to get the damn thing to upload.

All in all just wanted to say hey and introduce myself, im 20 and play college football, and my dream car is a R34 skyline V spec NUR =)

Hey welcome to the forums, I rooted my phone with a mac book and ran into zero problems. Imo it was actually easier because the mac doesn't try to add file extensions, the only thing to watch for is your browser unpackaging the .zip files. Once u download there will be the contents of the zip file and the actual zip file. BE SURE TO USE THE .ZIP FILE. :) as far as rooting goes I would check out the method in matt3hw signature. (Not sure if that's the right name but its like that) I used his method and it was very well written

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
I also use a MacBook and an iMac. Join my Apple Users group!

If you ever get into using ADB once you learn more about root and pushing stuff to the phone just a Tip:

Whenever it says to type adb xxxxxxx (shell, whatever command that follows) just put a './' in front of adb since you are on a Unix based system

Example:

On a PC:
adb shell blah blah blah

On a Mac or Linux:
./adb shell

If you execute just 'adb' you will get a "Command not Found" error message in Terminal.

:welcome: by the way :D

ocholoco

Reaction score
glad i did a search before posting my own question about macs & rooting. right now i'm still in research mode.....reading, reading, reading! my main concern was the mac vs. pc and how that would affect the rooting process.
i just checked out Matth3w's thread and it's very helpful.

i joined your apple group unix.punkx rite after i joined the forums...but didn't want to ask redundant ?'s before i did my research:)