hey quick nooby question :)

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by mreman15, Apr 22, 2011.

1. mreman15

mreman15 New Member

dancedroidSo im totally new to rooting, but i did successfully root my X a couple days ago. I loaded Liberty plus the theme Epic Blue and Bold. And i must say i love it.
    I just recently bought the donation toolbox because i was thinking about giving LGB a go.

So its my understanding i cant use the themes for this version yet right?

And for loading LGB am i just going to wipe all data/ cache and then load the zip? will the theme get in the way? or since i wiped my phone its off of it until i load it again.

my other question is that i backed up my current liberty rom. if i don’t really like the LGB can i just go and restore the past rom that i used without any problems?
    Thank you for your time.
  2. DroidXcalibur

DroidXcalibur New Member

First off, welcome to the family lol ... there have been attempts at running themes on the GB Liberty that have turned out unsuccessful, so don't try that until they are ported for the GB Liberty which should be worked on as soon as things settle down with the development of GB Liberty; however, the theme that GB comes with is really nice for now :) ...GB is very stable and runs like a champ (highly recommend); there are a few bugs that are being worked out, but nothing serious at all. If you have a backup (I assume that you used rom manager?, or the toolbox?), then yes you can revert back to that at any point; you can come to the forum and ask for help any time you need it and someone will surely help out. I normally do a backup and wipe cache whenever I install a rom, but minimum you HAVE to WIPE...I just like to be extra careful and do a backup too. anyway good luck; hit back when you got it done and give some feedback :)
  3. nordy420

nordy420 New Member

Hello to both of you.
    First off DO NOT RESTORE A FROYO BACKUP. If you flash gingerbread, I have read that you cannot just restore back. A AND has to be done to get back to. 340 FROYO.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  4. nordy420

nordy420 New Member

An sbf, sorry I hate predictive text.
  5. mreman15

mreman15 New Member

Alright I'm downloading lgb now :) thanks for the information! And I surely will give feedback!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  6. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter Active Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Nordy, I was running project elite 5.2 GB and went back to 4.2 froyo with no problems after a wipe of data/cache/dalvik. I don't have an X but its the same OS and I don't think its an issue. I will admit I could be wrong but I'm pretty confident I'm not.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  7. DroidXcalibur

DroidXcalibur New Member

I am trying to find some info about this.... I haven't heard that you couldn't restore ....I can't seem to find anything to say that you wouldn't be able to restore ..... either way you go though, if the worst thing that you have to do is sbf, then not too big of a deal .... I'll keep looking though.
  8. nordy420

nordy420 New Member

Maybe I am wrong, but I have been following P3droid at MyDroidWorld, and he has said that the only way back to. 340 from. 588 is an sbf. I guess your right though, worst case is sbf, either way you would face it, but I myself could never go back gingy is awesome.
    I tried to restore my stock nandroid after trying lgb. and I could not get my blurhome to work so I had to sbf. Good luck and definitely leave feedback.
  9. DroidXcalibur

DroidXcalibur New Member

couldn't agree more! I wouldn't dream of going back now...